Media discussion - 2024/25

You act like we are in court here?!

You said “could” and I’m saying I don’t believe it will. You focused on “ANY” to try to tell me how bizarre my comment was and are now running with it!

OK, let’s just settle this: Your OPINION is better than mine!

Happy?

Two opinions…one “bizarre”(?) because the opinion was a firm opinion, but one rock solid because it involves the catch-all waffle word “could.”

Brilliant. Well done. Genius.

Jesus! I remember the good old days when you could have an opinion and it didn’t involve five or six posts splitting hairs on a single word, but hey ho, here we are.

And, for the record, I think we are grasping at straws believing City’s winning strategy on the 115 will be bolstered, hinges, or will possibly even be won, on specific mistakes in the rules, but let’s all hope it does and the PL really are the buffoons you believe them to be.

I really couldn’t care less about continuing this pedantry, but if there’s a word in there you don’t like this time, knock yourself out, because I’m done.
Ok.

Yahoo news page this morning. One of the leading stories is about 'dynamic ticket pricing' being introduced to football. Guess who the pic is of on the front page? Yup, us (and Chelsea)
Then in the actual article, they manage to squeeze our name in, even though it's about Valencia planning to do such.
Cnuts.

''La Liga club Valencia is set to introduce 'dynamic pricing' for tickets after Oasis courted controversy for a similar action last week.

Fans of the Manchester City supporting band were outraged last week after they spent hours in queues for tickets that were at least double the price advertised when eventually allowed onto the website. Ticketmaster explained this process as 'dynamic pricing' which occurs when an event is particularly popular.''
That’s how internet search and clickbait works.

You should be proud that media whores shoehorn City’s name into every story they can to get more clicks!

News conglomeration sites will now pick it up if Man City is part of the search! NewsNow is a prime example of a site that will now pick up the story, even though it’s got nothing really to do with Man City news!

We are all being manipulated all of the time.

You act like we are in court here?!

You said “could” and I’m saying I don’t believe it will. You focused on “ANY” to try to tell me how bizarre my comment was and are now running with it!

OK, let’s just settle this: Your OPINION is better than mine!

Happy?

Two opinions…one “bizarre”(?) because the opinion was a firm opinion, but one rock solid because it involves the catch-all waffle word “could.”

Brilliant. Well done. Genius.

Jesus! I remember the good old days when you could have an opinion and it didn’t involve five or six posts splitting hairs on a single word, but hey ho, here we are.

And, for the record, I think we are grasping at straws believing City’s winning strategy on the 115 will be bolstered, hinges, or will possibly even be won, on specific mistakes in the rules, but let’s all hope it does and the PL really are the buffoons you believe them to be.

I really couldn’t care less about continuing this pedantry, but if there’s a word in there you don’t like this time, knock yourself out, because I’m done.
His opinion is better than most…

Possibly not, but clicks are transient, whereas being the first to speak the truth, when that truth subsequently becomes established and widely accepted, has more permanence. It shows how skewed the lines of reality have become within journalism.

Saying the PL is incompetent isn’t even a controversial or unpopular thing to assert - and it certainly isn’t unwarranted.
Yeah but none of ones that are 'names' have the balls to risk it.

The whole media in this country is fucking wank, all self serving tossers.

It looks like Leicester simply waited until post relegation (PL share forfeited) to publish and submit their accounts, then said, “We are no longer subject to PL rules, so do one!” Independent Panel finally agreed, because the rules were so poorly written Leicester had driven a tank through them!

Good for them! Not sure it has ANY implication or corollary to City and City’s situation regarding any investigation.
It's all a bit Joe Royal wanting his monies after we went down.

Can't remember the final outcome now but he was after his bonus payment or something and argued about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.