Media discussion - 2024/25

Kuits were Franny's personal lawyers and, when he bought into the club, became the club's lawyers as well basically until Thaksin arrived. Bryan Bodek, the partner who dealt with the City stuff, was on the board for a while, as well.

When I was a recently qualified solicitor working in Manchester, Kuits were recruiting to find an assistant to help Bodek with the City work. I interviewed for it and was offered the job, but turned it down as it came with a 10% pay cut compared with what I was already on at the time.
Correct. I was a guest of Kuits at Maine Rd when Franny Lee rocked up asking the partner to look at an issue he had with drainage on his land. Bodek left Kuits to set up a business but I can’t remember what it was.

I'd forgotten how bad that article was, Hughes was given a season and a half to show he was up to the task and had failed dismally, culminating in that shitshow at Spurs the previous Wednesday night where Hughes's tactical "ability" was there for all to see.
I remember watching that Spurs debacle with one of my mates.
As it unfolded, the pair of us looked at each other and said "he's got to go".
If you look at his track record post City it's pretty poor culminating in his sacking by Bradford after failing to get them out of League 2.

That post hasn’t aged well, but it hasn’t hurt his journalism and “journo-pundit” career, has it?!

Just shows you…the media has the attention span of a goldfish!
I have mixed feelings about life after litigation (if ever it comes around). If and when we are cleared of pretty much everything, these slimy sycophants will act like they never accused us of anything and expect us not to remember all the shit.
Winters assessment of Leslie's managerial expertise would put him in the kfa department but more seriously as a journalist, not based on evidence. He wasn't the only journalist, at that time, who didn't understand our management team were, first and foremost, serious businessmen.

I'd forgotten how bad that article was, Hughes was given a season and a half to show he was up to the task and had failed dismally, culminating in that shitshow at Spurs the previous Wednesday night where Hughes's tactical "ability" was there for all to see.
A 'coach' who couldn't coach.

The shocking spurs performance was the culmination of a steady decline over several months.

He was losing the crowd and the players.

Thank God Koolhand acted when he did otherwise it could've got very toxic.

I have mixed feelings about life after litigation (if ever it comes around). If and when we are cleared of pretty much everything, these slimy sycophants will act like they never accused us of anything and expect us not to remember all the shit.
Winters assessment of Leslie's managerial expertise would put him in the kfa department but more seriously as a journalist, not based on evidence. He wasn't the only journalist, at that time, who didn't understand our management team were, first and foremost, serious businessmen.
Don’t forget Winter was the hacks ringleader in that heated press conference with Garry Cook when Mancini was announced where he lost it

Bizarre that the media defended Hughes and attacked City so much when he was
Manager - as soon as he was sacked by City the press were never arsed about him ever again.

I often think back to the Sky Sunday Supplement show at the time where every week we were ridiculed.

Didn’t matter how we were doing, who were the journos on the show, every week the same shit. Laughable when you think back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.