Media discussion - 2024/25

I'd forgotten how bad that article was, Hughes was given a season and a half to show he was up to the task and had failed dismally, culminating in that shitshow at Spurs the previous Wednesday night where Hughes's tactical "ability" was there for all to see.
His one tactical masterclass was against Stoke at home where (and should do it now), on corners have 1 player on the halfway line on each touchline. Kept all the defenders back and took away their ariel abilities.

Said it before say it again," a man who signed Vinny and Zabba was not all bad". We were used to mediocrity at the time and Hughes definitely seemed a step up from most of his predecessors. Look at him as the start of our revival, first time In years felt any real optimism when he was manager. Of course was delighted by Bobby's achievements, so Hughes sacking was justified in the end.
Hughes could definitely spot a player, he made some excellent signings. At the end of the day results under Hughes were not great so he had to go and the rest, as they say, is history.

Hughes could definitely spot a player, he made some excellent signings. At the end of the day results under Hughes were not great so he had to go and the rest, as they say, is history.
He was never good enough given our genuine ambition and intent to become a world-leading club.
Howe is better, but I see him in a similar light and Newcastle will move onwards and upwards.

He could spot players and he would have taken City to a decent level before the money came in. Once that happened I felt he was out of his depth. The aspirations of the Abu Dhabi ownership were many levels above.

He did indeed His best signings were Kompany, Zabaleta, Barry, Tevez, De Jong, Kolo, Adabayor and Lescott. Robinho was also signed under his tenure but he was an ADUG signing as a statement of intent.

He could spot players and he would have taken City to a decent level before the money came in. Once that happened I felt he was out of his depth. The aspirations of the Abu Dhabi ownership were many levels above.
I'm not so sure he would have taken us anywhere, to be honest. His track record is no great shakes and defensively he simply didn't have a clue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.