Media discussion - 2024/25

Don’t forget Winter was the hacks ringleader in that heated press conference with Garry Cook when Mancini was announced where he lost it

Bizarre that the media defended Hughes and attacked City so much when he was
Manager - as soon as he was sacked by City the press were never arsed about him ever again.

I often think back to the Sky Sunday Supplement show at the time where every week we were ridiculed.

Didn’t matter how we were doing, who were the journos on the show, every week the same shit. Laughable when you think back.
It was very much orchestrated by the Rag/Dipper/Arsenal loving media, ensuring that their clubs were always top billing, and ours was seen as the shit they scraped off their shoes.

I remember watching that Spurs debacle with one of my mates.
As it unfolded, the pair of us looked at each other and said "he's got to go".
If you look at his track record post City it's pretty poor culminating in his sacking by Bradford after failing to get them out of League 2.
His last game home to Sunderland was a laugh. They were mid table but had pretty much lost away since opening day of season. Two up after 12 minutes, it was gonna be a great day? Two all after 24, Jordan fuckin Henderson even got one. Can't recall whose goal it was, but remember the ball dropping out of the sky and two of ours watching it land in the penalty box. Sunderland player just slotted it past Given, thank you very much. Three - two before half time ony for them to equalise second half. Eventually won four - three. Entertaining game but God we were shite at the back against a team renowned for being shite away from home. Hadn't heard any rumours travelling up that morning but talking to people leaving afterwards, was told he was going. I was surprised but not exactly disappointed from memory. He was limited at best.

I have mixed feelings about life after litigation (if ever it comes around). If and when we are cleared of pretty much everything, these slimy sycophants will act like they never accused us of anything and expect us not to remember all the shit.
Winters assessment of Leslie's managerial expertise would put him in the kfa department but more seriously as a journalist, not based on evidence. He wasn't the only journalist, at that time, who didn't understand our management team were, first and foremost, serious businessmen.

Khaldoon asked Hughes what do you need to be successful? Do you need better coaches or back up team & he said his are the best……. Obviously Hughes thought getting City to 9th was ok. I’m sure if you’d ask Winter if City could break all prem records & be treble winners, 4 in a row & World Champions. He’d say anyone thinking City could be that is delusional.

Don’t forget Winter was the hacks ringleader in that heated press conference with Garry Cook when Mancini was announced where he lost it

Bizarre that the media defended Hughes and attacked City so much when he was
Manager - as soon as he was sacked by City the press were never arsed about him ever again.

I often think back to the Sky Sunday Supplement show at the time where every week we were ridiculed.

Didn’t matter how we were doing, who were the journos on the show, every week the same shit. Laughable when you think back.
That "Sunday Bastards" show really went down hill after Brian Woolnough passed away? The episode when Rags had announced "Moysey" was the new messiah was particularly vomit inducing. Thankfully it didn't age well and seems to have been " archived"

Said it before say it again," a man who signed Vinny and Zabba was not all bad". We were used to mediocrity at the time and Hughes definitely seemed a step up from most of his predecessors. Look at him as the start of our revival, first time In years felt any real optimism when he was manager. Of course was delighted by Bobby's achievements, so Hughes sacking was justified in the end.

His last game home to Sunderland was a laugh. They were mid table but had pretty much lost away since opening day of season. Two up after 12 minutes, it was gonna be a great day? Two all after 24, Jordan fuckin Henderson even got one. Can't recall whose goal it was, but remember the ball dropping out of the sky and two of ours watching it land in the penalty box. Sunderland player just slotted it past Given, thank you very much. Three - two before half time ony for them to equalise second half. Eventually won four - three. Entertaining game but God we were shite at the back against a team renowned for being shite away from home. Hadn't heard any rumours travelling up that morning but talking to people leaving afterwards, was told he was going. I was surprised but not exactly disappointed from memory. He was limited at best.

There was that away game at Spurs before that and it turned into a complete horror show. We had Tevez, Adabayor and Robinho playing up top for us, looked good on paper but I can’t remember any of them having a touch let alone a shot on goal.,

There was that away game at Spurs before that and it turned into a complete horror show. We had Tevez, Adabayor and Robinho playing up top for us, looked good on paper but I can’t remember any of them having a touch let alone a shot on goal.,
Sylvinho left on his own to track their winger whilst Robinho sucked his thumb on the half way line

Talk was rife both pre match and at half time that he had been sacked.
Apparently the PFA advised him to "manage" that game and sit in the dugout even though he knew he had been sacked.
He waved to the fans before going down the tunnel at full time confirming that the rumours about his sacking were true.
Next day that wanker Rob Beesley was on Sly Sports slagging the club off telling lies that Mancini was sat in the stands and saying how poor it was of the club.
He had to backtrack later when it was proved that the bile he was spewing wasn't true.

And within six weeks of Mancini arriving, he turned the same defence into the best in the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.