Media discussion - 2024/25

Yep, that's the MEN all over. Whilst there (I don't usually waste time on it) I had a quick look at some of the other "articles" and they were all the same. A headline to cause clicks and then the odd quote from someone padded out with waffle.

You'll get more in depth knowledge on Twitter, and I'm not even joking there. It must be the never ending adverts that keeps them going.

Don't forget everybody, use the duckduckgo extension on Chrome when going to the MEN (or pretty much any of the Reach Group papers).
I never knowingly go near any link to a Reach Group paper. The mass of pop-up windows does my head in.

tbh I still think it was ridiculous Rice got a yellow for that. Its the rules so everyone can say he did deserve it. But ffs how anal are going to get over these rules?!
Deliberately stopping a quickly taken free kick by kicking the ball away has been a yellow since the dawn of time. I can't believe it's being debated tbh.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/blue-manchester-decade-city-dominance-anjal-agrawal-xl7cf

Found this article on linked-in, while looking for a source on the exact figure Sheikh Mansour/ADIG paid in total. I know some on here have inside knowledge but it's always helpful to have published sources(especially to shut down know it all red cartel fans).

Anyway, I've never heard of the author before and it wasn't what I was looking for but I did immediately notice it was far better researched than 99% of the UK press' articles on the Manchester City ownership model since 2008. If they had any respect for their profession or their industry, they should be pretty embarrassed how shit articles like this make 99% of them look at their own jobs. That's what you get for selling out to American investors and power hungry cartel clubs.

Some things are missing and skimmed over, like the full ADUG takeover date and the Newton Investment and Development LLC shares transfer. The CMC and SilverLake share acquisitions should have been included in the timeline with more detail IMO too. But what is there more accurate than you'll see in the MSM and there's stuff there I hadn't seen before too. Such as what Shinawatra's costs were and where, also some figures and facts on M&A's(mergers & acquisitions) and foreign investment in general and where the Premier League sits globally on those terms.

They've also done an AC Milan Rescue and Revival article on their investors from 2017 to 2022, where RedBird Capital took over for a reported $1.2bn. The same investors who own 85% of Toulouse FC in Ligue 1. Who bought a 11% stake in Liverpool FC and also a minority stake in Malaga CF. With rumours suggesting they are positioning themselves to become majority shareholders there too should the opportunity arise. I could have just missed it but I don't remember RedBird Capital being mentioned/targeted last year, when the press were making such a fuss about how unfair the multi-club ownership model is. Whatever the subject(net spend a prime example), it's always the worst thing ever, until one of their beloved red shirts is linked with it.

As for what I was looking for:
September 2008 was where Shinawatra's 90% of shares were bought by ADUG for around £210m. The remaining 10%, owned by Worldwide Investments Limited, weren't purchased until September 2009. All I can find for the full amount is what we heard when CMC bought into CFG in 2015(for £265m):

I did try adding 10% onto £210m but it was a year later and as I'm no finance expert, I'm not entirely sure if you can calculate it as simply as that to begin with.

For anyone who doesn't have LinkedIn or doesn't want to register:

Bollocks .....everything in context of the times.

I'm not aware of anyone leaving the Embassy in protest, but I saw hundreds waiting to get in !!
I paid to watch Bernard live a number of times but I couldn't imagine myself queuing for the likes of Nish Kumar, even if he is in the Guardian's list of the 21st centuries top comedians.

tbh I still think it was ridiculous Rice got a yellow for that. Its the rules so everyone can say he did deserve it. But ffs how anal are going to get over these rules?!
All these time wasting yellows would disappear if they actually fixed the underlying problem and that's not stopping the clock when there's a break in play.

All these time wasting yellows would disappear if they actually fixed the underlying problem and that's not stopping the clock when there's a break in play.
What Rice did wasn’t really about time wasting, it was preventing a free kick being taken quickly and Brighton mounting an attack before Arsenal were back in position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.