Media discussion - 2024/25

As per the athletic interview Bloom said about APT:

Bloom: I don’t want to talk too much about that because it has gone to arbitration and we are going to get a ruling on that soon. We (Brighton) are outsiders. Each club, legally, are able to do that. I don’t think it’s great for the reputation of the Premier League, but these things happen. We have to see how the legal process develops. I don’t think it will be helpful for the Premier League to lose the case, but we are going to find out the outcome soon.

He doesn’t sound confident. If he was a betting man………..

To a degree it has already hampered us if all the claims of not spending money are true (players, overtime on the building project and there could be loads of others)

I can’t believe for a minute that an organisation as big as City will not have planned for Outcome B (cost models/worst case analysis on outcomes of the financial impact of losing on all 115 charges) and from experience in working in large organisations these things happen and happen quickly via a dictat from head office. There will be player contract extensions that might have been cancelled and all sorts of shit. They do it by implementing shitty rules like “all expenditure over £10,000 has to be signed off by Kalhdoon” and then everything stops

Regardless of the outcome of the case it has already had a likely negative effect on the running of the club

To a degree it has already hampered us if all the claims of not spending money are true (players, overtime on the building project and there could be loads of others)

I can’t believe for a minute that an organisation as big as City will not have planned for Outcome B (cost models/worst case analysis on outcomes of the financial impact of losing on all 115 charges) and from experience in working in large organisations these things happen and happen quickly via a dictat from head office. There will be player contract extensions that might have been cancelled and all sorts of shit. They do it by implementing shitty rules like “all expenditure over £10,000 has to be signed off by Kalhdoon” and then everything stops

Regardless of the outcome of the case it has already had a likely negative effect on the running of the club
Yeah a slew of new sponsors, a stadium expansion, the biggest indoor arena in the uk, a treble, a fourth league title in a row, pre season tours around the world, its horrific the way its affecting how the club is run *rolls eyes

Last couple of days in work the headlines coming up on the internet all about how amazing tront was. They must have been watching a different game, he has the unerring ability to hit long balls into touch, or straight to the opposition, pirlo he isn't!

On a related note football 365 is clearly staffed exclusively by a whole crew of uncle Albert's "during the '90s... " will ford seems especially bitter has rating for Stones - managed to get himself out of trouble!!

Literally the principles of doublespeak at work.

Last couple of days in work the headlines coming up on the internet all about how amazing tront was. They must have been watching a different game, he has the unerring ability to hit long balls into touch, or straight to the opposition, pirlo he isn't!

On a related note football 365 is clearly staffed exclusively by a whole crew of uncle Albert's "during the '90s... " will ford seems especially bitter has rating for Stones - managed to get himself out of trouble!!

tront much like rashford and alot of the other english red tops are the product of an amazing pr machine, tront will hit a good pass of about one in every 50 but has the same range as kdb, david beckham scored one free kick in every 100 or so but was a freekick genius, rashford has scored 30 goals a season once in his entire career yet needs to get back to being a 30 goal a season striker, they are part of the reason why england struggle to succeed as the pr machine gets behind them and makes them into something they are not and never will be and then the fa makes sure they are in the team regardless of what actually watching the game tells you, mainoo is the current recipient of the press push despite not having the actual talent to warrant it, if lewis played for the dippers or rags he would be anchoring that england midfield since he was 17.

Not forgetting he is a right back who can’t actually tackle

He didn't, as far as I can tell.
He gave it to the Athletic and the MEN has just stirred things.

It appears that Bloom said it would be bad for the reputation of the PL if the PL lost (which seems reasonable), and then he said it wouldn't be helpful - I read it to mean that it was unhelpful because of the effect on reputation.
Since it seemed to have some posters frothing at the mouth I had a look on the MEN (hint: use the duckduckgo extension on Chrome, it actually makes it readable).

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised but he said almost sod all. As you say, you can read it in different ways but I'd go with yours. It's not helpful to anybody that we had to take it this far. The PL needs to pull their tongue out, give it a good scrubbing in dettol and grow a pair.

Since it seemed to have some posters frothing at the mouth I had a look on the MEN (hint: use the duckduckgo extension on Chrome, it actually makes it readable).

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised but he said almost sod all. As you say, you can read it in different ways but I'd go with yours. It's not helpful to anybody that we had to take it this far. The PL needs to pull their tongue out, give it a good scrubbing in dettol and grow a pair.

Thanks, I think there was some deliberate paragraph breaking and separation of connected statements to cause a response.

It's common in the trashier media, yet it still works.

Thanks, I think there was some deliberate paragraph breaking and separation of connected statements to cause a response.

It's common in the trashier media, yet it still works.
Yep, that's the MEN all over. Whilst there (I don't usually waste time on it) I had a quick look at some of the other "articles" and they were all the same. A headline to cause clicks and then the odd quote from someone padded out with waffle.

You'll get more in depth knowledge on Twitter, and I'm not even joking there. It must be the never ending adverts that keeps them going.

Don't forget everybody, use the duckduckgo extension on Chrome when going to the MEN (or pretty much any of the Reach Group papers).

Yep, that's the MEN all over. Whilst there (I don't usually waste time on it) I had a quick look at some of the other "articles" and they were all the same. A headline to cause clicks and then the odd quote from someone padded out with waffle.

You'll get more in depth knowledge on Twitter, and I'm not even joking there. It must be the never ending adverts that keeps them going.

Don't forget everybody, use the duckduckgo extension on Chrome when going to the MEN (or pretty much any of the Reach Group papers).

Is the extension something which makes it always open as DuckDuckGo?

I had a look, and it seemed to change the default.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.