Media discussion - 2024/25

Is the extension something which makes it always open as DuckDuckGo?

I had a look, and it seemed to change the default.
It changes the default search engine to duckduckgo's (perhaps you can change that?) but it does a good job of blocking adverts, pop up videos, those annoying Sky banner adverts etc. It is only beta so sometimes it acts like you've whitelisted a site and other times the opposite. I have Bluemoon and my Gmail whitelisted for instance but sometimes it'll block adverts on them. Hitting F5 on my desktop put's it right again. There is a separate standalone browser as well.

According to the MEN, Brighton’s chairman Tony Bloom is of the opinion it would be unhelpful if City win their case against the PL. FFS unhelpful to who? Don’t these people see that the current rules were made by the cartel inspired PL to be unhelpful to some and helpful to others. Look how that is turning out for them. It’s insane that clubs like Brighton seem to enjoy their mediocrity instead of backing a club that could actually go some way to levelling the playing field. Bizarre….
It's just self interest, like every other club in the league. He is earning a very tidy profit running his club as he is, which is very well to be honest. He has no intention of investing significantly more money in his club, and so having rules that allow other owners to invest and potentially take their clubs above Brighton is a risk to his business. Therefore at the moment the PSR rules suit him perfectly.
The Brighton fans may have very different objectives of course, as the current business model is unlikely to achieve a league position much above mid-table.

It's just self interest, like every other club in the league. He is earning a very tidy profit running his club as he is, which is very well to be honest. He has no intention of investing significantly more money in his club, and so having rules that allow other owners to invest and potentially take their clubs above Brighton is a risk to his business. Therefore at the moment the PSR rules suit him perfectly.
The Brighton fans may have very different objectives of course, as the current business model is unlikely to achieve a league position much above mid-table.

They'll be in trouble if they go down this much debt for a club like Brighton is mad!

As of April 2024, Brighton & Hove Albion's gross debt was £373 million, which was the fourth largest in the Premier League. This was mainly due to investment in the training ground and stadium

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/blue-manchester-decade-city-dominance-anjal-agrawal-xl7cf

Found this article on linked-in, while looking for a source on the exact figure Sheikh Mansour/ADUG paid in total. I know some on here have inside knowledge but it's always helpful to have published sources(especially to shut down know it all red cartel fans).

Anyway, I've never heard of the author before and it wasn't what I was looking for but I did immediately notice it was far better researched than 99% of the UK press' articles on the Manchester City ownership model since 2008. If they had any respect for their profession or their industry, they should be pretty embarrassed how shit articles like this make 99% of them look at their own jobs. That's what you get for selling out to American investors and power hungry cartel clubs.

Some things are missing and skimmed over, like the full ADUG takeover date and the Newton Investment and Development LLC shares transfer. The CMC and SilverLake share acquisitions should have been included in the timeline with more detail IMO too. But what is there more accurate than you'll see in the MSM and there's stuff there I hadn't seen before too. Such as what Shinawatra's costs were and where, also some figures and facts on M&A's(mergers & acquisitions) and foreign investment in general and where the Premier League sits globally on those terms.

They've also done an AC Milan Rescue and Revival article on their investors from 2017 to 2022, where RedBird Capital took over for a reported $1.2bn. The same investors who own 85% of Toulouse FC in Ligue 1. Who bought a 11% stake in Liverpool FC and also a minority stake in Malaga CF. With rumours suggesting they are positioning themselves to become majority shareholders there too should the opportunity arise. I could have just missed it but I don't remember RedBird Capital being mentioned/targeted last year, when the press were making such a fuss about how unfair the multi-club ownership model is. Whatever the subject(net spend a prime example), it's always the worst thing ever, until one of their beloved red shirts is linked with it.

As for what I was looking for:
September 2008 was where Shinawatra's 90% of shares were bought by ADUG for around £210m. The remaining 10%, owned by Worldwide Investments Limited, weren't purchased until September 2009. All I can find for the full amount is what we heard when CMC bought into CFG in 2015(for £265m):

The figure being paid by the Chinese for 13 per cent of the City Football Group is the roughly the same as it cost Sheikh Mansour to buy the whole club in 2008.[2009]
I did try adding 10% onto £210m but it was a year later and as I'm no finance expert, I'm not entirely sure if you can calculate it as simply as that to begin with.

Last edited:
Just to reiterate how sky sports treat us.

The Rodri to Madrid rumour from Marca stayed on their app for 4 days.

The Erling rumour of him extending his contract stayed up there for just over a day.

Fuckin shithouses. Call themselves impartial. Absolute nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.