Media discussion - 2024/25

I lived in a mining community at the time ( none of my family were miners), but I had friends whose family were and I saw first hand the devastation the strike wreaked. I also knew someone whose OH was Dibble, he was a thug in uniform. The met were to blame for Orgreave, the first thing Thatcher did after being elected 3/5/79 was give them a bloody massive pay rise. It was always her plan to close the mines- she hated unions.

The loss of that solid industry still has huge repercussions today 40 years on.

Shut down industries with no thought of the communities devastated by unemployment, whether it’s fishing, manufacturing, mining, steelwork & pretend that’s how capitalism works but bail out banks & billionaires in an instant.

Shut down industries with no thought of the communities devastated by unemployment, whether it’s fishing, manufacturing, mining, steelwork & pretend that’s how capitalism works but bail out banks & billionaires in an instant.
Sold everything except the crown jewels and the woman would have sold them too if she could have

I lived in a mining community at the time ( none of my family were miners), but I had friends whose family were and I saw first hand the devastation the strike wreaked. I also knew someone whose OH was Dibble, he was a thug in uniform. The met were to blame for Orgreave, the first thing Thatcher did after being elected 3/5/79 was give them a bloody massive pay rise. It was always her plan to close the mines- she hated unions.

The loss of that solid industry still has huge repercussions today 40 years on.
just out of pur interest, why do the lefties keep on about the miners,...and yet never mention the complete devastation of the british fishing industry????

Not quite media as such, but these cunts are at it again…
I’ve not brought a pizza from them since the 115 free pizzas for united fans and never will again.

2 of their last 5 tweets have been about City too. Think their PR department needs sacking as all they post about is football.

The Telegraph is seriously anti City. And their articles are blatantly anti Muslim, anti Arab. Their chief sportswriter was banned from attending the Joshua v Dubois fight last week due to a tirade against the Saudi’s in the week leading up to it. It’s a toxic publication
And today published a toxic anti Muslim article penned by badenoch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.