Media discussion - 2024/25

It was soft but lets not be Arsenal fans about it, there was contact because he made sure to look for it before he went to ground. It would have been funny if Eddie had feinted and pulled out at the last second. I doubt Gordon would have been able to stay on his feet, he was that committed to buying the pen. How silly would he felt then, whilst picking up a yellow card?

Last edited:
It would have been funny if Eddie had feinted and pulled out at the last second.

I'd love a keeper to have the bottle to dummy a dive. 9 times out of 10 the player has no intention of dribbling round the keeper, usually the ball's off the pitch or in the stand before there's any contact.

Even further back (I'm nearly over it) was either Stoke or WBA away I think. SWP got one in the knackers whilst on the deck and kicked out. No on field action taken. Sky had him suspended by Monday evening
It's one of the few (only?) benefit of Var. It stops Sky re refereeing a game. The number of times Sky and the media did us over was ludicrous. And yes I remember the SWP one.

Any media updates on the Top Thirteen?
Perhaps waiting for the next fixtures to big up the Sky Top Fifteen.

I lived in a mining community at the time ( none of my family were miners), but I had friends whose family were and I saw first hand the devastation the strike wreaked. I also knew someone whose OH was Dibble, he was a thug in uniform. The met were to blame for Orgreave, the first thing Thatcher did after being elected 3/5/79 was give them a bloody massive pay rise. It was always her plan to close the mines- she hated unions.

The loss of that solid industry still has huge repercussions today 40 years on.
And today the last mine in England closed .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.