Media discussion - 2024/25

I didn't know where to post this classic from the Biased Broadcasting Corporation website. It is fair to say it is an article headline that I am struggling to understand but I am not going to be fooled in to clicking on the link to watch it. The headline, in relation to the WSL team reads:

'I'm giving out all my secrets' - Liverpool Honesty Cards​

Words I don't often see in the same sentence (let alone next to each other) when it comes to red dippers “Liverpool” and “Honesty“

No wonder I am confused.

Not quite right, as we had one under Pearce in the league. I must be a rag for knowing that. There have been some howlers missed we should have got against them, even in the 6-1. I was pointing out soft incidents and penalties we got last year, them kind of incidents that happen every game, yet we got them at 0-0 at tough away fixtures. Trying to shed some balance in this cesspit that's all.

If you want to talk about poor decisions, the single worst decision I have ever seen in my fifty-odd years watching football was their offside goal when they were 1-0 down to us and had had zero shots on or off target. shatwell and his linesman are cheating fucking bastards. **** runs with the ball at his feet for twenty yards and is somehow “not interfering with play”.

Not seen you mention that one for balance. Anything you can state that goes our way, and obviously the odd one does, pales into insignificance compared to that.

If you want to talk about poor decisions, the single worst decision I have ever seen in my fifty-odd years watching football was their offside goal when they were 1-0 down to us and had had zero shots on or off target. shatwell and his linesman are cheating fucking bastards. **** runs with the ball at his feet for twenty yards and is somehow “not interfering with play”.

Not seen you mention that one for balance. Anything you can state that goes our way, and obviously the odd one does, pales into insignificance compared to that.
A close second is Young taking out Sergio when we were three two down, not only a nailed on penalty but a definite red card in those days. Twatkinson is a cheating bastard too.

I was originally debating until other adults called me a rag for very little reason.

I left due to the toxicity of this forum at times, as proven here. I came back to try help a mate out originally and stuck it out. Many of my posts have got many likes, and from people who used to disagree with me a lot on here which has been quite funny. I'd rather stay as I am and get treated fairly with my thoughts being the only thing judged. I attended Bills funeral which shows how far I go back and my credentials.

Not terrible, but it was a surprise when the red came out. The interview can be seen as odd, he requested it and of course Sky will lap it up, people will think to try and help him, when the reality is they wont the entertainment factor. Rice did the same recently.
You were dismissive of opinions that contradicted your own when you said "it was a terrible decision, nothing more, nothing less" (paraphrased). I think that's what set people against you.

FWIW, it wasn't the most blatant red card ever seen, and could quite easily have been awarded a yellow card. But the referee thought it was a red, and the VAR didn't strongly disagree with him. People who also agree with the original decision are entitled to do so, and that doesn't imply their bias.

Other opinions about other teams not having similar red cards rescinded are also worthy of discussion, as is the perceived influence of Sky and other media.

Last edited:
Not quite right, as we had one under Pearce in the league. I must be a rag for knowing that. There have been some howlers missed we should have got against them, even in the 6-1. I was pointing out soft incidents and penalties we got last year, them kind of incidents that happen every game, yet we got them at 0-0 at tough away fixtures. Trying to shed some balance in this cesspit that's all.

You know I can’t remember that one so who scored or missed it? I know I’ve tried to block out the Pearce years but for the life of me can’t remember.

So do you reckon we’ve had a fair return in penalty decisions versus the Rags?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.