Media discussion - 2024/25

We had decades of being liked. Now we’re successful. You can’t have both.
My thoughts exactly. In the WWF/WWE wrestling (Hulk Hogan etc) they put the 'belts' on the wrestlers that can 'draw' money. Now to 'draw' money you need a lot of interest in whether the belt holder wins or loses, you need back stories contrived or otherwise, you need rivalries, contrived or otherwise. So, many people watch United to win but probably many, many more watch them in the hope they lose. The bottom line is United 'draw' money and therefore the media (all businesses) love them. I think we are getting there in that if you do not watch us out of love or admiration then many, many are now watching us to lose. We are a 'draw', I think. Embrace the hate!

My thoughts exactly. In the WWF/WWE wrestling (Hulk Hogan etc) they put the 'belts' on the wrestlers that can 'draw' money. Now to 'draw' money you need a lot of interest in whether the belt holder wins or loses, you need back stories contrived or otherwise, you need rivalries, contrived or otherwise. So, many people watch United to win but probably many, many more watch them in the hope they lose. The bottom line is United 'draw' money and therefore the media (all businesses) love them. I think we are getting there in that if you do not watch us out of love or admiration then many, many are now watching us to lose. We are a 'draw', I think. Embrace the hate!
What's Mick McManus got to do with it?

Bit late to this …. But am I right in thinking Sam Lee was offering straighteners with blues on the way to the match yesterday ???

Hilarious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.