Media discussion - 2024/25

My thoughts exactly. In the WWF/WWE wrestling (Hulk Hogan etc) they put the 'belts' on the wrestlers that can 'draw' money. Now to 'draw' money you need a lot of interest in whether the belt holder wins or loses, you need back stories contrived or otherwise, you need rivalries, contrived or otherwise. So, many people watch United to win but probably many, many more watch them in the hope they lose. The bottom line is United 'draw' money and therefore the media (all businesses) love them. I think we are getting there in that if you do not watch us out of love or admiration then many, many are now watching us to lose. We are a 'draw', I think. Embrace the hate!
Wish I had of read this post before last night.

Embrace the hate…I like it.

Sam Lee was on the train down today from Piccadilly

Anyone there will know the delays that happened

Anyway, a blue simply said to Lee you should be a bit more careful with what you write

Lee straight away called the blue a dick

Well it went downhill from there

Lee called another blue a bottler because he did not want a fight on the train.

Embarrassing by Lee

slIAC he's hardly a lean mean fighting machine

tenor.gif

Bit late to this …. But am I right in thinking Sam Lee was offering straighteners with blues on the way to the match yesterday ???

Hilarious
Straightners made me laugh, a few years ago a now departed hard boy Vinnie from Ashton was on the runway at Ringway, flight going to Alicante, full of parties going to Benidorm. A lad from Newcastle, pissed was being an absolute nuisance and kept standing up, a Stewardess was trying to get him to calm down, sit down and put his seat belt on. He just ignored her, next thing the Captain is on the tanoy saying because of the raucous behaviour of certain passengers if they didn't do what they were being told the flight would be cancelled.

So the Geordie is the only one still being a dick, Vinnie tells him to him "sit down or you're paying the price", he ignores the warning so Vinnie gets off his seat and planted him with a punch Mike Tyson would have been proud off, he bust his nose, blood running down his face and he's in cloud cuckoo land. Stewardess is walking up the aisle and sees the nuisance now incapacitated and asks what's gone on. Vinnie, in his inimitable way says don't worry I've "settled him". Not a peep out of the Geordie dickhead for the rest of the flight.

Next day Vinnie and the lads go down to the restaurant for breakfast and the Geordie nobhead is in the same hotel with his mates. Someone must have told him it was Vinnie who lamped him on the plane, he approached Vinnie and apologised for his behaviour and said he'd buy him a drink later. Vinnie said, "fuck off I don't drink with pricks and if you come anywhere near me you'll be getting the same treatment". Never saw him again, think he must have swapped hotels. RIP Vinnie, hard as fuck but a heart of gold.

Last edited:
Straightners made me laugh, a few years ago a now departed hard boy Vinnie from Ashton was on the runway at Ringway, flight going to Alicante, full of parties going to Benidorm. A lad from Newcastle, pissed was being an absolute nuisance and kept standing up, a Stewardess was trying to get him to calm down, sit down and put his seat belt on. He just ignored her, next thing the Captain is on the tanoy saying because of the raucous behaviour of certain passengers if they didn't do what they were being told the flight would be cancelled.

So the Geordie is the only one still being a dick, Vinnie tells him to him "sit down or you're paying the price", he ignores the warning so Vinnie gets off his seat and planted him with a punch Mike Tyson would have been proud off, he bust his nose, blood running down his face and he's in cloud cuckoo land. Stewardess is walking up the aisle and sees the nuisance now incapacitated and asks what's gone on. Vinnie, in his inimitable way says don't worry I've "settled him". Not a peep out of the Geordie dickhead for the rest of the flight.

Next day Vinnie and the lads go down to the restaurant for breakfast and the Geordie nobhead is in the same hotel with his mates. Someone must have told him it was Vinnie who lamped him on the plane, he approached Vinnie and apologised for his behaviour and said he'd buy him a drink later. Vinnie said, "fuck off I don't drink with pricks and if you come anywhere near me you'll be getting the same treatment". Never saw him again, think he must have swapped hotels. RIP Vinnie, hard as fuck but a heart of gold.
Oh that so reminds me of someone we used to know.

Background is that the back of our house looked over a builders yard.

The guy who ran it it was a rough diamond. Top bloke but not one to be messed with

Next to the builders yard was a School.

Every morning the precious Mamma’s would park where they wanted to walk their offspring into school, then stand around talking.

Barry being a decent guy asked repeatedly not to park blocking his yard as he has deliveries coming and going.

Eventually he sees this woman again blocking accesss so he asks her not to park there.

She goes “I’ll be 5 mins”. He waits 5 mins then gets his fork lift and puts it under the car, drops it right in the middle of the street sideways.

Oh that so reminds me of someone we used to know.

Background is that the back of our house looked over a builders yard.

The guy who ran it it was a rough diamond. Top bloke but not one to be messed with

Next to the builders yard was a School.

Every morning the precious Mamma’s would park where they wanted to walk their offspring into school, then stand around talking.

Barry being a decent guy asked repeatedly not to park blocking his yard as he has deliveries coming and going.

Eventually he sees this woman again blocking accesss so he asks her not to park there.

She goes “I’ll be 5 mins”. He waits 5 mins then gets his fork lift and puts it under the car, drops it right in the middle of the street sideways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.