Media discussion - 2024/25

I have zero issues with fans confronting journalists these days.
A decade ago I would have been disgusted.
It all boils down to how they make their living these days. They are agitators. They stir up frenzies in a gold fish bowl. Activating fans against other fans. All for engagement.
If you can't engage people with interesting and informative articles (cheeky nod to Samuel's, there), then you deserve the foaming at the mouth lot to come after you eventually.
They think they can set two tribes against each other like an emperor in the coliseum and not face kickbacks?
Think again you sniveling bottom feeding maggot. Just a shame more of these types aren't 'straightened' regularly. Maybe a gap in their smile might remind them that playing with people's emotions in writings has a real world cost.
I have said this in the past you simply cannot spend a large portion of your time criticising and berating something alot of people hold extremely dear to them, something that is central to alot of peoples relationships with each other and not expect their to be consequences eventually.

The fan who kicked off with Sam Lee is an embarrassment. Full disclosure I subscribe to the Let Me Talk podcast and I think it's the best city podcast out there. I think Lee is a good journalist - he comes across as measured and fair. He's an ex-Rag so that works against him, but I respect how he's honest about it and doesn't hide the fact. He also has massive contempt for United now so I enjoy that.

From what Lee said on the podcast this morning, the alleged bluemoon poster came up to him on the train and offered him out for a straightener but seems to have bottled it when Lee said ok well lets meet up at the station.

Kicking off with someone who actually does a good job and is pretty fair and balanced all things considered is really low. And to do it on a train is even worse, where there is no way to easily escape the confrontation. But then the shithouse appears to have backdowned anyway and not followed through with the threats?

Lee is a father of a young kid (whose a city fan!) he talks about it on the podcast often. Would this bluemoon poster have sent the young kid's dad home with a broken nose and a shiner, all for the sake of some pathetic perceived aggrievement over football?

Proper weird behaviour. It's the type of behaviour you'd expect from the recent riots, where dickheads were throwing bricks at the police for ... doing their jobs?

Looking forward to reading the weasel words of whoever the poster is ("I was gonna spark him out but he absolutely shit his pants so I took pity on him blah blah blah")
So he said this on a podcast?

So he is officially a liar now.

Of all the journalists for City fans to have a problem with Sam Lee is a weird one to choose. People seem to just be unable to forgive the fact that he was a United fan growing up. I don’t understand it at all.

Nothing to do with that. There was respect Brennan at the evening news & many others. Its tge fact he’s a snide ****, & whenever he gets called out for it he reacts aggressively & condescendingly at City fans.

Nothing to do with that. There was respect Brennan at the evening news & many others. Its tge fact he’s a snide ****, & whenever he gets called out for it he reacts aggressively & condescendingly at City fans.
Though I saw Brennan really going off the rails at somebody over the riots, you wouldn't have believed it was the same bloke.
Though his City stuff was always done without prejudice and I respected that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.