Media discussion - 2024/25

The fan who kicked off with Sam Lee is an embarrassment. Full disclosure I subscribe to the Let Me Talk podcast and I think it's the best city podcast out there. I think Lee is a good journalist - he comes across as measured and fair. He's an ex-Rag so that works against him, but I respect how he's honest about it and doesn't hide the fact. He also has massive contempt for United now so I enjoy that.

From what Lee said on the podcast this morning, the alleged bluemoon poster came up to him on the train and offered him out for a straightener but seems to have bottled it when Lee said ok well lets meet up at the station.

Kicking off with someone who actually does a good job and is pretty fair and balanced all things considered is really low. And to do it on a train is even worse, where there is no way to easily escape the confrontation. But then the shithouse appears to have backdowned anyway and not followed through with the threats?

Lee is a father of a young kid (whose a city fan!) he talks about it on the podcast often. Would this bluemoon poster have sent the young kid's dad home with a broken nose and a shiner, all for the sake of some pathetic perceived aggrievement over football?

Proper weird behaviour. It's the type of behaviour you'd expect from the recent riots, where dickheads were throwing bricks at the police for ... doing their jobs?

Looking forward to reading the weasel words of whoever the poster is ("I was gonna spark him out but he absolutely shit his pants so I took pity on him blah blah blah")
well said!

The fan who kicked off with Sam Lee is an embarrassment. Full disclosure I subscribe to the Let Me Talk podcast and I think it's the best city podcast out there. I think Lee is a good journalist - he comes across as measured and fair. He's an ex-Rag so that works against him, but I respect how he's honest about it and doesn't hide the fact. He also has massive contempt for United now so I enjoy that.

From what Lee said on the podcast this morning, the alleged bluemoon poster came up to him on the train and offered him out for a straightener but seems to have bottled it when Lee said ok well lets meet up at the station.

Kicking off with someone who actually does a good job and is pretty fair and balanced all things considered is really low. And to do it on a train is even worse, where there is no way to easily escape the confrontation. But then the shithouse appears to have backdowned anyway and not followed through with the threats?

Lee is a father of a young kid (whose a city fan!) he talks about it on the podcast often. Would this bluemoon poster have sent the young kid's dad home with a broken nose and a shiner, all for the sake of some pathetic perceived aggrievement over football?

Proper weird behaviour. It's the type of behaviour you'd expect from the recent riots, where dickheads were throwing bricks at the police for ... doing their jobs?

Looking forward to reading the weasel words of whoever the poster is ("I was gonna spark him out but he absolutely shit his pants so I took pity on him blah blah blah")
How can you be an ex-Rag?

Hi Sam.

All jokes aside, the internet is one thing but to go up to someone in real life on a train and ask them for a fight because you don’t like their football journalism is fucking pathetic.

Proper shit bag behaviour.
He didn't ask for a fight though did he? He only questioned why he was writing shite, Lee then became the aggressor and the Blue walked away, that's what I read on here a couple of days ago, maybe completely wrong because I've not read the whole thread and BM is the only SM site I read.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of many journalists who report on City and I hate how the media try and gaslight the fanbase that they are being unreasonable/paranoid for pointing out the clear double standards(bullshitters)... But I do think people can go way over the top with Sam Lee personally. Also, we could do without giving them reasons to attack the fanbase or silence our voices even further. edit: If he's making up stories about being threatened with violence, that would be something new. That would change things going forward but the rest stands.

He's not a City fan and has not pretended to be but has covered City for many years. I think that's were the problem is with the 'snide' articles and angles that have popped up, if was just any other journalist some of the examples given would be bottom of the pile.

Though, I can't work out how he would know they had a lot of posts on bluemoon. Did he give his bluemoon credentials before offering him out? That would make it even more cringeworthy.

Also, wasn't there a journalist who did a piece for the Mail on the UEFA case/CAS verdict who used to be a City fan. I can't seem to find him or his articles, so I may be misremembering things. But I seem to remember one that rivals would use to add weight to the idea that City were in deep trouble because he was siding against City and the ownership all the time. You know the: "He's one of you lot and he admits your club is dodgy" bullshit? Maybe that has added to it and why people are so quick to point out 'Sam is a rag and he's snidey''.

I actually came to comment on the double standards with Chelsea/Western football club owners vs City:

Does that sound light hearted(lots of smiles and chuckling) and on occasion very 'damage control'-esque to anyone else? "It's actually totally fine"

Kaveh Solhekol's body language and facial expressions, the lack of darkness in his eyes, is so different to what I've seen from him on matters like this before. I wonder what City would have to do to get this kind of coverage and balance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.