Media manipulation...

The Scarlet Pimpernel

WARNING - commonly misread post below, read with CAUTION! ;)

Sam Ricketts taunts Manchester City with a Premier prediction

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1487181_sam-ricketts-taunts-manchester-city-with-a-premier-prediction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... prediction</a>

I ve never really fully bought into the whole - the MEN is a rag supporting paper before but the title of this article is totally unjustified if you read what he actually says in the quotes.

Plus I am noticing all the interviews by reds saying we have this and that over them etc....but I am putting that down to their camp wanting to get shit like that out there in the media.

The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Ricster said:
MEN are the disgrace here.

How the fuck has he taunted us? He has given his opinion and he is allowed to do that.

Its the MEN, a fucking disgusting, crass publication that is now begining to really twist and taunt City fans by fabricating a title to mislead fans.

That headline has nothing to do with the story and quite clearly, as for a long time, the MEN have an agenda against City.

Hope Ric has told them to take a flyinf fuck if they ever want to advertise on BM. Arseholes of the highest order.

Ah finally somebody has read my post (my fault had to edit it). I agree with you to a certain extent, its an irresponsible story really. The media are partially responsible for situations that occur sometimes, playing with peoples emotions is not cool when you stop and think about it.

But I think the MEN and obviously media in general play like this all the time with the issues that arise in society and peoples emotions......it reminded me of a Murdoch paper that printed a story about an imagined (though they did not know it was imagined at the time) love affair with a person and an under age teenager. The source of the story was the teenagers diary (should they even have been looking at, let alone printing??) that they had somehow got their hands on. The teenager subsequently took her own life due to the intense press coverage and vilification of the adult whom knew nothing.

I read that story and immediately imagined some of the abuse that Rickets might receive for this 'taunt' and felt sorry for him really as I am sure some city fans would whole heartedly agree with him. In fact our manger (mind games or not) has consistently agreed with this opinion. I for one am glad that this opinion exists and is banded around as we are clearly the better team but could still lose it (dont think we will). If they are favourites then thats only good for our players and club in my opinion.

Re: Sam Ricketts taunts Manchester City with a Premier pred.....

who

Just makes me smile. Happy days

Sam Ricketts taunts Manchester City with a Premier pred.....

I can see Sheikh Mansour waking up this morning to his daily delivery of the M.E.N feeling taunted after reading that.

Nothing new to see here folks............... It's just the regular, time honoured story of how Bolton will bend over and reach around to try and donate 6 points to the rags !

right so he cant make a name for himself on the pitch so he says something controversial to get in the papers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.