Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Course he can do what he wants but it is a weird reason lol. If his Dad got hit by a Transit van, would he get a tattoo of that?

well I doubt it. I think the symbolism of his dad being shot dead, and now his right foot is doing the shooting for something positively life-changing (winning trophies) is somewhat more symbolic.

Feels like there’s been quite a large backlash over this one. Perhaps the beginning of the end of the abuse. Hope so.
Seems to happen every time, they still come out with something not long after. He’ll probably stay in a hotel while he’s at the World Cup, that’s worth an “article” in the Sun isn’t it?

Why don't these people who write this shit fear for their lives ffs. Someone is going to be crazy enough to shut them up permanently, the rest would learn though. You can't go out there talking shit, winding people up, destroying lives /careers and get away with it Surely!

They don't fear for their lives because we live in a civilized law abiding country.

Haven't read all of the thread yet but I especially love the part of the woman who campaigns against gun violence (who I think sadly had her young boy shot or something) saying 'the meaning of the tattoo is irrelevant'. I thought it'd be perfectly relevant given that tattoos normally hold personal meaning ffs.

Speaking for myself, whilst the Sun's behaviour is little short of blatantly racist, I would give the woman who lost her son to gun crime a fair bit of slack. The Sun obviously went to her for a quote because they knew what they would get and, let's face it, they already knew what they wanted to write. Its no surprise that anything and everything that could possibly be considered pro-gun in any way gets a thumbs down from her. It's no surprise that the Sun went after her for a quote. She's been through the worst thing any parent can imagine, and now the Sun is using her.

I think what she said is bollocks of the highest order, but she still gets my sympathy.

This fella has done a full thread collection of stories aimed at Sterling to highlight the press bullying

Shows what an absolute shower of ****s the Sun especially is, along with the mail n star

He missed out a load as well. Off the top of my head I can remember “Raheem buys house near dogging hotspot”, “Raheem house has Michael Jackson theme room”, his photo being gratuitously added to a story about footballers and drug dealers, and in similar vein his photo being added to a story about dipper youth team players sexually harassing female staff at Rainshill College (an educational establishment that Sterling had left a full 5 years earlier).

It’s an ongoing disgrace, but I doubt it will stop. Sterling represents the perfect target for clickbait. Reviled by the gormless dipper hordes for having the temerity to leave their benighted club, any negative story about him will automatically be swarmed over by thousands of foaming Scousers, and being a City player, bullshit tales about him will also appeal to the equally large demographic of armchair rags......and that’s before we even start on the colour of his skin, something that will unquestionably be an issue for the legion of fascist fuckwits who read papers like the Sun and the Fail

Course he can do what he wants but it is a weird reason lol. If his Dad got hit by a Transit van, would he get a tattoo of that?
It's obviously to do with his past, family and his own experience with guns and the culture,the anti tattoo commitee is out in force today,how about you support your own

Feels like there’s been quite a large backlash over this one. Perhaps the beginning of the end of the abuse. Hope so.

I think you're right. The problem is that it's low level harassment so there's probably not a lot Sterling could do about it. He seems to be quite a strong character so hopefully the court of public opinion will come to his rescue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.