Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

It is a bit of a shit tattoo by the looks of it - no detail, no highlights, no glinting gumetal or attempt at adding visual creativity...

Looks like it's been done by one of his mates with a compass and a bottle of quink ink.

well I doubt it. I think the symbolism of his dad being shot dead, and now his right foot is doing the shooting for something positively life-changing (winning trophies) is somewhat more symbolic.

Spot on. It means something to him and it is a statement against guns and represents the use of shooting in football instead. The anti-gun campaigners might appreciate that when it is finished and they hear what he has to say. It could inspire other kids to get into football as opposed to gun culture and follow in his footsteps.

The sun article is appalling and has led to someone making a hugely personal attack on Sterling without knowing the facts. They will now feel awful seeing that he lost his Dad in a shooting and made the decision never to hold a gun and instead "shoot" with his feet. That is a message that the woman quoted in the article would likely support even if they perhaps do not like the symbolism being used.

I am glad Linekar has jumped to his defence because he is a hugely respected figure in English football and in the media and one of our best ever tournament players. Regardless of what we think, Raheem is so strong mentally he will take this in his stride.

I think far more powerful than City banning them from press events would be if Gareth Southgate banned them. Imagine them being the only national newspaper not allowed to attend England events during the World Cup. And it's not like they wouldn't deserve it. But it won't happen, because he's an FA yes man.

The Sun's inclusion of two unrelated fatal stabbings in the article is truly messed up. Cannot wait for the day they fold.

"Two more teenagers were killed over the weekend as Sterling revealed his controversial gun tattoo."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.