Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I don't think its racial I think its tribal, Liverpool have a lot to answer for.
The Tribal theory wouldn't account for the different media outlets with alliegances to different clubs. It's more than that some of it because fans can be dicks and follow like sheep, but it's more than tribal.

1/ He fucked off Liverpool to the media's dismay, 2/ He fucked them off for a team owned by Arabs, 3/ He is now the most high profile black player in the country. A clickbait dream. 4/ The narrative has begun to move on with sections of the media sussing what it's all been about my A move on a further black footballer would generate a pattern a course of conduct more easily identifiable, leading at best to reduced newspaper circulation figure or at worse revenue suicide.
Sorry pal,i'm still not getting the reasoning that it has to be racism,other than he is black and some individuals want it to be such.
I think its much more likely an orchestrated character assassination by influential media types due to a combination of his teenage stupidity and his audacity to leave the Dippers.The fact his patchy England performances have allowed room for criticism has only aided their agenda.

I'm not saying youre wrong,i just don't buy it.

You need to read my earlier posts. I've been saying from the off that all factors or reasons are welcomed, including allaof those youve mentioned. My concern has been those who are quick to dismiss racism as a factor whilst providing no rationale for their preferred point of view.

The Tribal theory wouldn't account for the different media outlets with alliegances to different clubs. It's more than that some of it because fans can be dicks and follow like sheep, but it's more than tribal.
He left a media darling club - tribal
Joined City - tribal
Black - racist
Born overseas - nationalist
More money than most - envy
Just was part of the team that's put the league to shame - nationalist/jingoistic
Idiotic football media and fans want him to do the same for the England squad in a different role - general stupidity
Concerted media effort from dipper mafia to build hatred against him -tribal
Keeping 'the biggest club in the world's' latest next something out of the squad (apparently) - tribal

Cue the daily 3 minute hate.

Like it or not, the media control the narrative and the easiest way to a story is to play on contrasts and differences.

You need to read my earlier posts. I've been saying from the off that all factors or reasons are welcomed, including allaof those youve mentioned. My concern has been those who are quick to dismiss racism as a factor whilst providing no rationale for their preferred point of view.
It's more than just racism, see my post above. It's a lot of different motives pushing a narrative that ends in prejudice which is very hard to overcome.

He left a media darling club - tribal
Joined City - tribal
Black - racist
Born overseas - nationalist
More money than most - envy
Just was part of the team that's put the league to shame - nationalist/jingoistic
Idiotic football media and fans want him to do the same for the England squad in a different role - general stupidity
Concerted media effort from dipper mafia to build hatred against him -tribal
Keeping 'the biggest club in the world's' latest next something out of the squad (apparently) - tribal

Cue the daily 3 minute hate.

Like it or not, the media control the narrative and the easiest way to a story is to play on contrasts and differences.
Your so spot on mate. What I like what you've done is detailing how there are a collection of factors here, which include racism. It's the racism factor that is always the most uncomfortable for people to reconcile. But you only have to take a look over the Atlantic in the land of the free to see it's alive and kicking, despite how uncomfortable that feels. Cracking post!

It's more than just racism, see my post above. It's a lot of different motives pushing a narrative that ends in prejudice which is very hard to overcome.
I agree, I'm with you. I may have pissed some people off today and I do apologise if that's the case. Its not personal and imI'the first to say i can be a dick.But it's warmed me heart no end to see the discussion move from a reluctance to even consider that racism may be a factor, to people breaking the shit down and encompassing all of the factors that may be involved. I don't mind disagreeing, it's skirting around integral issues that at least should be part of the discussion, that gets my goat.

I agree, I'm with you. I may have pissed some people off today and I do apologise if that's the case. Its not personal and imI'the first to say i can be a dick.But it's warmed me heart no end to see the discussion move from a reluctance to even consider that racism may be a factor, to people breaking the shit down and encompassing all of the factors that may be involved. I don't mind disagreeing, it's skirting around integral issues that at least should be part of the discussion, that gets my goat.

It's not direct racism from the tabloids but they know which audience they are pandering to when they go after Raheem for allegedly being a feckless dad, showing off his money (and bling) and having a gun tattoo. You need to read between the lines. This was the original narrative and the criticism has kept on coming. It's not that every person who has slagged Raheem off is a racist but some of the press certainly comes from a bad place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.