Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I didn't mention comparators you did stating that what I'm saying is that if sterling was white he would not getting the grief. That came from you not me. Get it right. I merely responded to your comments.
I put to you a straight question "If Sterling were white would he get no grief from the press) Your response "Absolutely.

Clearly we disagree and you have it embellished in your mind that it is solely racist based. No one else todate has come to say the same thing as you that it is purely racism

Sorry, I know that to stop at 1 may help you to feel warm and cosy about the world as it is. But to do so wouldn't reflect reality and doesn't reflect how you achieve change.
It is far likely to be nearer the truth than your thoughts. But, I am done arguing with you, we disagree simples

Had a go at some Sterling haters in work today. But I took a different angle on them. I didn't point out he's his playing good. I said you lot should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. England are in the semi finals and have a great chance of winning the lot. All players are working their arses off for the country. And all you fucking talk about is sterling is shit. It's is a team game, yes he's not scored but he brings other thing's to the team. You lot are a embarrassment get behind the team and all players or fuck off and watch tennis. They just shut up after that.

I put to you a straight question "If Sterling were white would he get no grief from the press) Your response "Absolutely.

Clearly we disagree and you have it embellished in your mind that it is solely racist based. No one else todate has come to say the same thing as you that it is purely racism
He phrased it badly. Find me a white, English born player that plays for an establishment club and hasn't fucked up at a major tournament that receives this level of hatred with Sterling's talent. (Beckham fucked your lot up big time in 98 but was forgiven quickly enough). Sterling outperformed Kane at the Euros but only one player had a crowd fund effort to send him home halfway through the group stages. Disgraceful bigotry and prejudice.

Very positive articles in the Guardian and Times (again) today. Still mostly negative reader comments but one or two coming round. Agree with other posters about getting behind the team. It shuts the moaners up quickly.

To be fair, Beckham wasn’t forgiven quickly. It was only really when he scored that goal against Greece he got redemption.

That’s not to say a lot of the comments direct towards Sterling doesn’t have racial undertones, it does.

It is far likely to be nearer the truth than your thoughts. But, I am done arguing with you, we disagree simples

For the record again it was you that introduced the concept of a comparator, not me. Secondly have a look through my thread where I have been clear that many factors are involved in this agenda of which racism is a factor. It's a difficult issue to defend from where you are coming from, so I can understand why you feel the matter has run its course. But I'm happy to discuss this or any other matter with you in future. Nevertheless if you doubt the veracity of my point of view. Have a look at the opinion piece below from a fairly well regarded British newspaper. Cheers

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...nce-white-race-england-football-a8375346.html

It's the same where I work, I said Sterling played well against Sweden and all I got was I'm biased because I'm a City fan

Read my other post. But it's illogical what your saying. It's like asking why all women aren't being sexually harassed after you've found out a woman may have been subject to that form of harassment. It just doesn't work that way and it shouldn't take me to tell you that.

You’re reading far to much into all this fella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.