Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Jack Wilshere was constantly scrutinized,hounded and destroyed by the press for a good while until he dropped off the radar.How does his situation differ?
Never seen him scrutinised by the press to the same extent, can you provide any examples?

As much as Sterling? By the press and England fans?

It didn't continue as long as Sterling has been subjected to,maybe due to his constant injury taking him out of the spotlight,but yes,he was constantly followed around for a period with every aspect of his life scrutinized.

Jack Wilshere was constantly scrutinized,hounded and destroyed by the press for a good while until he dropped off the radar.How does his situation differ?
a concerted
The sterling agenda has been going on nearly three years. This year even though wiltshire has been out half the season, there was a media clamour to tryto get him back in the england team for the world cup, at the same time the media were stoking the fire about sterling not going to the world cup because of tattoogate. Jack has been treated badly, but fuck me nothing in comparison to sterling, where the nation have adopted biased and unfair views towards sterling.

hes got Liverpool and united fans slagging him off that is a sizeable following on social media ,the more people who say he's playing shit the more other people will take it in rather than look like they don't know what they are on about ,look at the player ratings on the bbc ,sterling gets a 4 most of the time , that's because rags and Liverpool pretty much outnumber most other fans world wide ,it isn't going to change until it has too ,and sterling needs to score a winning goal in the semi or the final for it to stop.

I'll be watching Wednesday's game in a small village on the south coast near Worthing, be interesting to see what reception Raheem receives from the 'East Preston Massive'.

Cheers man. That's all I'm doing here. I know many have made their minds up before I've even typed a letter. But if you don't push back there is no chance in hell that your going to be able to reset the narrative.

Mate your lucky. I've been in arguments with good friends and one or two family about this. The maddest thing for me is people I have known for years, nearly word for word regurgitating the same lazy media soundbites about sterling.Its like fox news have taken over the football fan base when it comes to sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.