Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

They get a lot of this stuff from social media - Twitter and particularly Instagram. Anyone can see what Sterling and his friends are up to by following those accounts. If it really bothers him then I'm sure he'd keep it private but by publicising it then it make him fair game. So we have to assume it doesn't bother him in the slightest because if it did, it wouldn't be splashed all over social media.

Have you never wondered why paparazzi just happen to be on a beach where a celeb is? Most of the time it's all set up. After all, there's no such thing as bad publicity is there?

Perhaps it's an old-fashioned view but if you want to keep it private then keep it private. If you don't, then don't complain.
I definitely understand your position, and adopt it as I am able, but I think it is fair to say that general expectations of access and engagement with public figures, celebrities, and private citizens alike have changed in the last decade. Now, nearly everyone expects to be able to see what you are doing, when you are doing it, and engage with you whilst you are doing it. That expectation becomes even more pronounced with celebrities, including pressure from sponsors, endorsement contracts, fans, and other celebrities.

The days of Salinger, Fischer, Woodrow, and Cavendish are by-and-large long gone.

Southgate now apparently furious with him for "turning up late for England training" This narrative is getting beyond ridiculous now.

Southgate now apparently furious with him for "turning up late for England training" This narrative is getting beyond ridiculous now.

As far as I can see it is only the sun that is carrying that story, that says it all, a comic with a vendetta against Sterling. Wankers.

As far as I can see it is only the sun that is carrying that story, that says it all, a comic with a vendetta against Sterling. Wankers.
Take that back! You've gone full-on disrespect mode there!

Desperate Dan and Dennis will be issuing writs for defamation.

He was probably late cos he was laughing his head off after last night.

Come on col,most footballers do the same with instagram and twitter as it's the youngsters thing nowadays but he is the only one that the sun and the mail stalk and i mean stalk and write crappy things about,ususally how rich he is and what he spends his money on,there is a sinister angle to this,if there wasn't they would do the same to the others,he is the scapegoat for england as well,he is targeted by the media and pundits who do england games,as far as i can see he deserves none of it,he is as entitled as everyone to put his holiday snaps on social media without the witchunt
You do know Col is about 90 or he looked it in the pub after the parade, not sure he even knows about how the kids roll.
Disclaimer nor do I :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.