Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Footballers according to the ***:

John Terry: Thief and Racist - "One of our own"

Jack Wilshire: Caught taking Cocaine - "Lad"

Rooney: Steals work kit and serial cheats - "Legend"

Raheem Sterling: Shows off unfinished tattoo - "Were offended, drop him!"

I'd love for him to come out and say "It's my body - I'll do what I want!"

He has his reasons for having that tattoo, and he shouldn't be questioned!

It is extremely odd but I am sure because we want to defend one of our own we are blinded by that. It is a disgrace the treatment he gets in the media but having the weapon tattooed on you what killed your father is mind boggling. What finished article would make it any less weird?

"What killed your father"

Where would I begin ?

I think it was wrong from Sterling. Not all people know or will know the reason. The reason is irrelevant because that Tattoo is sending the wrong message to young people

Alli’s been in a sex tape, Terry racially abused a man and Eric Cantona attacked a fan and none of them have faced the same kind of persecution as Sterling. There are so many arsehole celebrities in the world but Raheem is only ever polite, gracious and thick-skinned. If I was a dad and my son wanted Sterling as a role model I’d be delighted.

You've seen the front page of the Sun, right?!
Giving a dumbass comic a excuse to interpret it isn't exactly sensible.

I'm having a go at Winter mate. Why is he saying its ill advised. Tbh even though he half sticks up for Raz; he's fucked him over too, and that's coming from someone who defends the press on here.

Nee Nor Nee Nor

Brilliant piece on talksport by Henry Winter.Journalist from the Times. Doesn't understand how anyone with any sense would want to believe some of the negativity. Funny how some people are taken in by the Sun.

notice the BBC refer to Rashford by name in the headline of a positive article, yet a negative Sterling article and he's just the "England forward". In our World Cup squad and not even given the respect of being referred to by name.

I'm having a go at Winter mate. Why is he saying its ill advised. Tbh even though he half sticks up for Raz; he's fucked him over too, and that's coming from someone who defends the press on here.

I realised that. I was meaning that the Sun reporting was a predictable outcome, and therefore getting the tattoo (and triggering the Sun) could be viewed as ill-advised.
I don't think Winter's said anything wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.