Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching BBC News channel at 6.30pm when Hugh Ferris was going through the sports news of the day. Gareth Barry's appearance record was obviously highlighted- a breakdown of the clubs he had played for '.... nearly half his appearances were for Villa ( where he was Captain) and then he made a money move to Man City. When more money came in and first team football became less frequent, he chose to go to Everton so he could play regularly....' .
Why mention money? Why not say he came to City to win trophies? The only trophies he won was with us; and when his career is over I'm sure it's what will make him proud.
No BBC bias, my arse!

It's part of a propaganda campaign. Unfortunately, if you keep repeating the same lie over and over again people will believe it without even questioning it.

Having read the media threads closely over the past few years and the clubs passive response to the reporting so far, may be the fans on blue moon should start a collective initiative to address it. A few fans slagging the media off on social media media platforms in isolation probably does not make much difference. However I believe if a collective initiative can be started with a large majority of city fans on social media platforms, it will make a difference (e.g. BT sports coverage of city now compared to 2 years ago).

Of course starting something like this may take time and effort but I am sure this can be done.

I would be interested in blue moon folk's opinions to see if they would be interested in being part of an online campaign/initiative to address the media reporting on city?

Of course once people are happy to be part of something like this, discussions will be had on what the best way of dealing with it (media coverage of city) should be.

See at least that is meaningful action and something I would support. There is some rubbish reporting out there, about us, and it should be challenged. We note it about City because its our club and we recognise the inaccuracies. But undoubtedly it happens to other clubs also.

It's part of a propaganda campaign. Unfortunately, if you keep repeating the same lie over and over again people will believe it without even questioning it.

Phil Neville has broken rank by calling us 'the most exciting team in the Prem'. Of course balancing it by then mentioning how strong Utd are & how they can work on a plan to stop us.

I imagine he'll be getting a reminder.

Some will probably use that positive by Neville as proof there is no bias.

I'm amazed at the naivety of some folk regarding this. I don't hold at all, with the idea that refs are contantly being coerced into shitting on us, (although I'm certain Ferguson & Co were attempting exactly that) but the kind of things listed on here such as marking Barry's achievement by mentioning money, rather than success, at City (this would never ever happen in the case of Utd, Liverpool, it would all be about his trophies) & someone deliberately missing out Aguero in the list of top strikers (since changed).

This is at a time when we are playing dream football & scoring shitloads.

It matters, because it's all advertising.

If advertising was pointless, there would not be sponsorship.

The rags etc, get huge amounts of positive free advertising, hour by hour. We get huge amounts of negative advertising, as a direct contrast & usually, if we get anything positive, Utd are then mentioned straight away, to redress the balance. If we get too much positive, someone finds an angle to counter it & they all run with that.

It's like 'look how this washing powder cleans better than this one'. We are the shirt with the stains, on the advert, Utd are the brilliant white. And it's not just them, Spurs Liverpool also get a much better deal & even Chelsea do.

We are getting some praise now, but still, we are being countered with the argument of how great Utd's dull, workmanlike, tripe is. If it was the other way round, we would be getting hammered for playing shite like that after spending so much money..

The only club that gets similar shit, is Arsenal but that's only because they make it impossible for people not to.

We are getting some praise now, but still, we are being countered with the argument of how great Utd's dull, workmanlike, tripe is. If it was the other way round, we would be getting hammered for playing shite like that after spending so much money..

See the reaction to our 0-0 draw with Arsenal at their place in I think the 2010/11 season for evidence of exactly this.

See at least that is meaningful action and something I would support. There is some rubbish reporting out there, about us, and it should be challenged. We note it about City because its our club and we recognise the inaccuracies. But undoubtedly it happens to other clubs also.

Any campaign would just be met with ridicule and the reporting of us would get worse.

If the club took action, by banning journos, like many have suggested, then the situation would get worse too, it would be open season on the club from the media.

The only way to stop this is by growing our fanbase, the way to do that is by winning consistently, if they carry on with the negative portrayal then they will be hit in the pocket, then and only then will it stop.

Was watching BBC News channel at 6.30pm when Hugh Ferris was going through the sports news of the day. Gareth Barry's appearance record was obviously highlighted- a breakdown of the clubs he had played for '.... nearly half his appearances were for Villa ( where he was Captain) and then he made a money move to Man City. When more money came in and first team football became less frequent, he chose to go to Everton so he could play regularly....' .
Why mention money? Why not say he came to City to win trophies? The only trophies he won was with us; and when his career is over I'm sure it's what will make him proud.
No BBC bias, my arse!

I watched that and was staggered by the bentness that was written with. Not the presenter's fault, but whichever hatefilled goon wrote it.

Any campaign would just be met with ridicule and the reporting of us would get worse.

If the club took action, by banning journos, like many have suggested, then the situation would get worse too, it would be open season on the club from the media.

The only way to stop this is by growing our fanbase, the way to do that is by winning consistently, if they carry on with the negative portrayal then they will be hit in the pocket, then and only then will it stop.

I do not think it would be ridiculed if the issues raised were not of the petty type we see often on this forum, but genuine issues like Pete the badge etc. A lot of it is so petty only a city fan would notice it anyway so I doubt it resonates with a wider audience.

I agree we should not ban journalists. Whether we agree with them or not its their opinion and any attempt to take access away would be viewed as petty and vindictive and alienate those in the press who do speak positively about us.

BBC 'pro Man United agenda', mainly because Nick Coppack, United's former social media guy, now works for BBC Sport

Hence why we get some proper shit posts via the bbc social media outlets i reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.