Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me an old cynic.

But WTF is this Sky YNWA grief bullshit, for Klopps mother? YNWA crowd scenes, banners, film of tributes outside Clanfield. Sad to lose your mother, of course, but I don't remember such an outpouring for Pep. Are they really using his loss to drive viewing figures of the red demographic?

Can't be, surely.
BBC Breakfast also bringing up his mother's death and that fans are concerned for him (as they seek an excuse for poor form). As a result they show him stating that he is ok and full of energy.
Personally l would have been furious that the media was treating my mother's death and funeral in this way and fucked them off for literally intruding on private grief.
Totally tasteless by the British media and nearly a month after Frau Klopp died which seems to show the German media treated it with more respect and dignity.

BBC Breakfast also bringing up his mother's death and that fans are concerned for him (as they seek an excuse for poor form). As a result they show him stating that he is ok and full of energy.
Personally l would have been furious that the media was treating my mother's death and funeral in this way and fucked them off for literally intruding on private grief.
Totally tasteless by the British media and nearly a month after Frau Klopp died which seems to show the German media treated it with more respect and dignity.
It might end up with our media being the reason he fucks off. For weeks now he has been on the defensive in post match interviews and on more than one occasion has had arguments with the interviewer.

in fairness yesterday he went as far as saying he doesn’t want let alone need even the Kop Kandle Krew making public declarations of sympathy, and told the media that this is 100% a privatefamily affair and that he doesn’t appreciate it turning into headlines or worse still a reason why his football team is falling apart.

It might end up with our media being the reason he fucks off. For weeks now he has been on the defensive in post match interviews and on more than one occasion has had arguments with the interviewer.

in fairness yesterday he went as far as saying he doesn’t want let alone need even the Kop Kandle Krew making public declarations of sympathy, and told the media that this is 100% a privatefamily affair and that he doesn’t appreciate it turning into headlines or worse still a reason why his football team is falling apart.
For once l agree 100% with him. It looks like the family succeeded in keeping it private for 3 weeks until a week ago. What was posted on here about Sky coverage is awful.

There's tie of the round (I'm not too sure it is) and entertainment.....after the state of the West Ham game the rags playing a top 4 team is certainly not a gimme for a good game.

I'd have thought runaway leaders challenging on all fronts v Everton with a chance to get a trip to Wembley and come out of the dips shadow would have been the way to go.
Yeah, after the blockbuster v Haringay Hotspurs I would have thought the chance of an EFC win and City goin' back down the East Lancs with tails between thighs would have been too much to ignore, but the lure of red across the screen was perhaps too much, or it might have been a case of interminable, mind-numbing inertia to press the Rag button again.

There's tie of the round (I'm not too sure it is) and entertainment.....after the state of the West Ham game the rags playing a top 4 team is certainly not a gimme for a good game.

I'd have thought runaway leaders challenging on all fronts v Everton with a chance to get a trip to Wembley and come out of the dips shadow would have been the way to go.
There is also the epic history of our Quarter Final v Everton in 1981 to consider. In fact there is a strong tradition of big cup battles between City and Everton over the years back to the 1933 FA Cup Final. The BBC's coverage of City's success in the last decade has been pretty much non-existent and it's not just because they have so few broadcasting rights these days.

Grief junkies gotta get their fix
Tributes left for a dead chicken
Flowers and tributes were left in an alleyway where the body of a mystery dead baby was found - before police realised it was only a chicken foetus.
A member of the public discovered the remains in a back alley in the Anfield area of Liverpool.
Police cordoned off the scene but soon realised that it was not a human but a chicken foetus.
Well-wishers had laid more than a dozen bunches of flowers at the scene, along with cards and teddy bears.
Local gossip
One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."
Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".
A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "It seems a member of the public saw the remains of a foetus, which possibly resembled a human foetus, and called us.
"We cordoned off the area to investigate, as we would with any possible suspicious death, but it became apparent it was not a human foetus.
"The flowers and cards are obviously the result of local gossip, but we can assure people that the remains were not human."
Conservative MP and editor of The Spectator Boris Johnson was criticised last year after commenting in the magazine that Liverpudlians were "hooked on grief".

Last edited:
Tributes left for a dead chicken
Flowers and tributes were left in an alleyway where the body of a mystery dead baby was found - before police realised it was only a chicken foetus.
A member of the public discovered the remains in a back alley in the Anfield area of Liverpool.
Police cordoned off the scene but soon realised that it was not a human but a chicken foetus.
Well-wishers had laid more than a dozen bunches of flowers at the scene, along with cards and teddy bears.
Local gossip
One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."
Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".
A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "It seems a member of the public saw the remains of a foetus, which possibly resembled a human foetus, and called us.
"We cordoned off the area to investigate, as we would with any possible suspicious death, but it became apparent it was not a human foetus.
"The flowers and cards are obviously the result of local gossip, but we can assure people that the remains were not human."
Conservative MP and editor of The Spectator Boris Johnson was criticised last year after commenting in the magazine that Liverpudlians were "hooked on grief".
Yet that real baby dumped on a Merseyside golf course didn't get much attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.