Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a clear foul but Phil’s instinct is to stay on his feet and that’s admirable. But you’d think Oliver, who isn’t shy about awarding penalties, would have been into that in a flash. I wonder why he missed it? (As indeed would we have done, probably)
If only he had been in the same mode of application as he was in the City v Leicester game! Three pens as soon as the Leicester player was touched and a straight arm pointing to the spot before the guys had hit the turf. It's simple, it's straightforward, and it's called cheating!

I thought that too, whilst the praise is gushing (and fuckin rightly so) there was the odd dig in there, and this part made me question it too :-

He is not big, he is not quick, he doesn’t spray eye-catching 40-yard passes. He barely scores – just 24 goals in 338 games for City. He doesn’t slide through defence-splitting through balls – he has contributed only 19 assists in his City career. And he doesn’t make the sort of bone-crunching tackles that used to define the midfield hard man.

I've seen him do lots of the things it says he didn't do there, in fact stats aside, the only thing I'd agree with is the comment "he is not big".
Agreed.
Just looking at the comments made me think of John Mcgovern,the Nottingham Forest / Derby County central midfield player under Brian Clough 70s/early 80s..almost all of the comments applied to him,yet his conservative, disciplined, deep central midfield game,screening the back four and recycling the ball with 5 yard passes won him two European cups two First division titles and several league cups..

If Mcgovern had attempted to play 40 yard balls and defence splitting passes Clough would have immediately substituted him, as he did with many players if they dared not follow his instructions..

Someone on MOTD giggled at Kane winning his penalty. it was a penalty as there was contact, but Kane's absolutely ridiculous reaction needs to be called out. Not the fact that he went down, but his screaming and grabbing his leg. Fucking embarrassing but no one will ever call it out as they are all part of it.
I said to my ERO "Watch, he'll be up and jumping once he knows the pen's been given!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.