Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on MOTD giggled at Kane winning his penalty. it was a penalty as there was contact, but Kane's absolutely ridiculous reaction needs to be called out. Not the fact that he went down, but his screaming and grabbing his leg. Fucking embarrassing but no one will ever call it out as they are all part of it.
It really is beyond a joke now, they scream and then grab their leg and it is any leg even if they have taken a knock elsewhere, fucking pathetic, football is dying before our eyes.

I haven’t the background to pursue this but this was my initial response:

Oh dear

How you can disagree with FFP & the general documentation on the ownership of Man City, astounds me. No wonder you are happy to let MDelaney run wild. As was pointed out to me by a lawyer friend, it wasn’t down to me to root out articles by this journalist for you - after receiving my complaint. You should have investigated the matter by researching his articles and social media.

MCFC is not owned by a State - you have made a tenuous connection & it is incorrect. It is perfectly clear where individual begins and state ends The Sheik is allowed to have personal business interests and he does not rule Abu Dhabi. (Please ensure that your journalist also understands the different states in the UAE are independent & not affiliated in sovereignty)

He cannot pump money into the club because FFP oversees this aspect. Albeit the Spanish clubs seem to be able to benefit from state funding by way of tax benefits - which is never mentioned by MD

I am disappointed with your uneducated reply & will be publishing it.
Privately owned, via his private wealth and privately owned investments company means it's a legal fact that City are privately owned. That is the only thing a paper can write without treading on thin-libellous ice.

It's not difficult at all to see where line between private and state owned is. Mentioning who his brother is, is nothing to do with it. Would they make the same state owned arguments if Prince William set up his own investments company, with his own wealth and it became successful? As in everything aquired by his company becomes state owned?

No, his family's wealth might have come from the state but his private wealth is still his own and if it's a profitable/successful venture, that's gained capital(which it has), then it becomes further removed from his family's wealth. That reply is a blatantly disingenuous spin on the facts, to excuse a journalist who is quite literally stealing a living.

Fuck the Independent anyway, wasn't that the same paper who put out an article calling City fans rats? They don't give a shit about the integrity of what is written in their paper.

Last edited:
everyday there is some comment on who we are going to spend our ill begotten gains on,Glad to say the club are making no comments,but it is inevitable that we will be making an addition to the team and it will have to be someone up front who can actually play football and just not to kick it.There are very few players in this class and harling is not one of them .He maybe in the future but not now.I mean why let sancho go and then spend a fortune bringing somebody similar back,We could use a trade in and we have a few player that are are not up to standard and could be of value in that market.The players i have in mind are Sterling Torres,and Jesus.They could be used in the purchase of the likes of Mbappe but the player we should be going for is Jaoa Felix but is this wishful thinking in a way to get rid of strolling.

It really is beyond a joke now, they scream and then grab their leg and it is any leg even if they have taken a knock elsewhere, fucking pathetic, football is dying before our eyes.

This (Kane dive) was the sort of shit VAR was meant to stamp and the bullshit reason for its introduction.

Instead it's used to turn football into an even bigger soap opera than it had already become.

I’ve just posted this so everyone can laugh at Sly Sports News.

Don’t bother clicking on the link. It really isn’t worth wasting your time.

On a serious note. Imagine getting paid a living wage to write that kind of utter sh*te!

Totally Football podcast today, James Richardson telling me and everyone else how utterly depressing it will be if City win all the comps this year. Not a cause for celebrating a real wow moment in the history of the sport, of a truly special team/manager. And he wasn’t even saying it to be deliberately or outrageously provoking debate, he was being serious.
One of the guests tbf had the gall to gently point out that it was only earlier this season that the talk was of the wheels coming off at City when we were in 8th place. But nevertheless, a really disappointing take from Richardson from whom I (maybe foolishly) expected better.
Another pod where my listening is hanging by a thread.
It was Dion Fanning I believe. He thought the prospect of City cruising to another final win was depressing and the thought of them dominating for a decade was a cloud hanging over football. Every cloud has a silver lining, perhaps he and his mates will go into hibernation for the next ten years.

I’ve just posted this so everyone can laugh at Sly Sports News.

Don’t bother clicking on the link. It really isn’t worth wasting your time.

On a serious note. Imagine getting paid a living wage to write that kind of utter sh*te!
You mean you wouldn't like to see him and Lukaku spearheading our attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.