Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your problem is with the part in bold?
It’s a true & factual statement.
We could be 8 points behind leaders Tottenham if they beat Chelsea.
Think you’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing here fella

That's how i took the statement. How far we would be from the league leaders.

However, i would add that they seem to be deliberately not mentioning the game in hand.
If we win versus Villa, we are only 3 points behind who ever is leading.
They are really using that game in hand (missing points) to to make out we are well out of the running this season.
No doubt they will then say we are coming back strong simply because we will be back on parity on games played.

Guy Mowbray often uses superlatives when praising how well City gave played. Often at the Etihad and seems to enjoy watching us.

Graeme Souness is fair, and isn't afraid to take the opposite view from the other 'experts' alongside him.

Micah tries his best, and has plenty of stories to tell about City players he played alongside.

Mark Chapman is a big United fan, but hides it well and will praise City / criticise Utd as required.

But elsewhere there is some breathtaking bias at times. You really would think that City are the only club ever to spend money on buying a player.
Guy Mowbray is a York City supporter but he has also got a strong affiliation with City. He was going to do a visit to our local supporters club early in his career but was advised by Motson to keep his club to himself. He can get away with a lower league/non league side.

That's how i took the statement. How far we would be from the league leaders.

However, i would add that they seem to be deliberately not mentioning the game in hand.
If we win versus Villa, we are only 3 points behind who ever is leading.
They are really using that game in hand (missing points) to to make out we are well out of the running this season.
No doubt they will then say we are coming back strong simply because we will be back on parity on games played.

It's negative re-inforcement... I really don't understand the posters on here who don't see it!
Basically, they play on the reader's psychology with the way they phrase things, and by their choice of words...
In a nutshell, what they do is use negative words or phrasing to headline City positives - wins etc., but for certain other teams (in red) they do the opposite, so for every negative - such as a loss, they headline it in a positive way or omit any negatives – that way, the average ready is subliminally picking up negatives about City constantly, and picking up on the smoke being blown up their arses... it's subtle, and most oppo fans (and some of our own) will think you're paranoid - but it's a genuine tactic... marketing uses similar things, as do governments etc.

Joking aside, it's quite sinister the way he's allowed to talk about the club the way he does. He's not even subtle about it nowadays.
His locker is genuinely next to mine but I can’t think of any way to unlock it and leave a dog turd in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.