Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got to love the bbc,take on it,
No mention of the word used,
Just a Spanish translation..which still doesn't refer what word was used.

What’s this now? Watches?
I complained as well about it. He tweeted from a PR event to mark the rags' commercial partnership with Tag Heuer, and the branding was very prominent. There was no news interest in him being there and someone in the PR world told me that, to get an invite, you would have to agree to promote the brand.

A day or two later, they announced their financial results, which was covered by the BBC Business correspondent. Attached too his report was one from Simple Simon, which again publicised these special edition watches and even reporting the price. It was blatant advertising and completely against the BBC Editorial code. Yet the BBC claimed there was legitimate public interest in this story.

They must have been fully aware of the conditions under which Stone had attended the PR event, as Ian Cheeseman told me he had to get permission to attend the launch of City's Xmas jumpers, as it was a commercial event. It was given but then he was hauled over the coals by his then bosses at the BBC for publicising it. Even though they knew what it was and had agreed to him attending.

Last edited:
I remember the mega-storm around silvas "incident" last year. Looked like sky had paid someone from BAME to come on the programme and publicly slam into silva.
I remember this guy wiping "tears" from his eyes and proclaiming not to have slept the night before cos of silvas text/tweet to his MATE Mendy.
I shall sit back now and await mega-storm 2, the sequel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.