Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy Mowbray often uses superlatives when praising how well City gave played. Often at the Etihad and seems to enjoy watching us.

Graeme Souness is fair, and isn't afraid to take the opposite view from the other 'experts' alongside him.

Micah tries his best, and has plenty of stories to tell about City players he played alongside.

Mark Chapman is a big United fan, but hides it well and will praise City / criticise Utd as required.

But elsewhere there is some breathtaking bias at times. You really would think that City are the only club ever to spend money on buying a player.

Not sure what your problem is with the part in bold?
It’s a true & factual statement.
We could be 8 points behind leaders Tottenham if they beat Chelsea.
Think you’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing here fella
Not sure, but I didn’t put It in bold
Not sure what your problem is with the part in bold?
It’s a true & factual statement.
We could be 8 points behind leaders Tottenham if they beat Chelsea.
Think you’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing here fella
He was comparing us to Livarpool not the others. Did you hear his quote ?

Agree most pundits are pretty anti City.
Listened to Burnley match on 5 live yesterday, John Murray was commentating and generally seems pretty fair. Pat Nevin was 'analysing ' who I find okay and generally reasonably articulate.
The other night during CL game he was asked if he thought City had a chance of winning it ,he reckoned we did but aren't favourites which I felt was a fair point.
Yesterday when City scored their 6th (which was disallowed) he did say 'oh no'
didn't feel it was in a Mcmanaman v Real way more just feeling a bit for the young keeper who totally ballsed up!

Guy Mowbray often uses superlatives when praising how well City gave played. Often at the Etihad and seems to enjoy watching us.

Graeme Souness is fair, and isn't afraid to take the opposite view from the other 'experts' alongside him.

Micah tries his best, and has plenty of stories to tell about City players he played alongside.

Mark Chapman is a big United fan, but hides it well and will praise City / criticise Utd as required.

But elsewhere there is some breathtaking bias at times. You really would think that City are the only club ever to spend money on buying a player.
Was introduced to Mowbray by a mutual friend on a Christmas night out purely on the basis that he saw us both as City fans. It was pre-takeover days and his early period as a MOTD commentator and I don't recall much of the conversation beyond the gallows humour of our shared predicament. Definite blue but hides it well possibly with mind to job security.

Axlgod. Met Steve Harris from Maiden at a gig by Gun (Better Days, Word Up cover!) in London years ago. Told him I was gutted Ian Bishop had joined the 'Ammers, I think he just smiled politely! Remember him being very small with very big hair!

Well said, I find Mr Mowbray a decent and honest commentator. He even spoke well of us before the game on football focus. Almost spoke like a ' positive ' City fan. No Ally Mann though.
Didn't Alister Mann start his career on Granada Soccer Night? Loved that show as a kid. And the theme tune was alright as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.