Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference on the BBC about Silva and Cavani tweets:

Look how BBC are reporting it, with Bernado the BBC actually stating what he tweeted and of course the usual jump on the bandwagon from Kick it out, who as far as i know have not said anything re Cavani and the BBC making excuses for him:

Bernado:

The Football Association has written to Manchester City to ask the club for its response to a tweet sent by midfielder Bernardo Silva.

Silva compared City team-mate Benjamin Mendy to the character on the packet of Conguitos - a sweet brand available in Spain and Portugal.
The anti-discrimination charity Kick It Out had earlier called on the FA to act after the governing body confirmed it was investigating.

Cavani: (Written by Rag Stone)
The Football Association will look into a deleted social media post by Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani which contained a Spanish phrase that is offensive in some contexts.

Cavani sent the message after scoring the injury-time winner in United's 3-2 comeback win at Southampton on Sunday.
It is understood the 32-year-old says he meant the phrase affectionately and that that is how it is used in his native Uruguay.

Once it was pointed out to Cavani how the wording could be interpreted in the UK, he deleted the post.

I complained as well about it. He tweeted from a PR event to mark the rags' commercial partnership with Tag Heuer, and the branding was very prominent. There was no news interest in him being there and someone in the PR world told me that, to get an invite, you would have to agree to promote the brand.

A day or two later, they announced their financial results, which was covered by the BBC Business correspondent. Attached too his report was one from Simple Simon, which again publicised these special edition watches and even reporting the price. It was blatant advertising and completely against the BBC Editorial code. Yet the BBC claimed there was legitimate public interest in this story.

They must have been fully aware of the conditions under which Stone had attended the PR event, as Ian Cheeseman told me he had to get permission to attend the launch of City's Xmas jumpers, as it was a commercial event. It was given but then he was hauled over the coals by his then bosses at the BBC for publicising it. Even though they knew what it was and had agreed to him attending.
There was a lengthy interview with Anton Ferdinand about the release of his book about the incident with Terry which l think is a legitimate public interest despite being commercial.
I couldnt follow what Anton was saying with his accent and footballer-speak but when Dan Walker said 'reaching out' twice in 10 seconds l gave up as l couldnt understand what was being said.
That expression seems to mean anything or nothing and everything else in between.
Unfortunately although Anton sounds very much like Rio l can understand the latter and wish l couldn't.

"IF" he gets a ban you can bet it wont kick in until after the derby

Bernardo got absolutely hammered on almost every media format going for what seemed like forever. The general consensus was ignorance was no excuse and he was guilty and should be banned. The same better happen to fucking Cavani.
Don't hold your breath mate. I'm surprised the red mardarses haven't blamed the tweet on getting hacked but there's time yet.

It is understood the 32-year-old says he meant the phrase affectionately and that that is how it is used in his native Uruguay.

Once it was pointed out to Cavani how the wording could be interpreted in the UK, he deleted the post.
Hes only been playing in Italy and France for the last 15 years yet doesnt know the language he used was deemed racist ? ...as you say compare to the way Silvas tweet was reported

Last edited:
Wasn't Suarez's defence against charges of abusing Evra based on the assertion that the words he used were not considered unacceptable in Uruguay? Better not point this out to the scouse hordes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.