Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you washed your hands after visiting Bill.
tDMF-M.gif

That article backs up why he wasn’t offside though. He was trying to clear the ball and screwed it up (as in, deliberately trying to play the ball), there wasn’t a tackle or a save in it.

Yes, Lovren wasn't trying to save it, he was trying to play it as he was on his feet.

The laws define a 'save':
A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

It wasn't close to the goal.

"For example, let's imagine Rodri was in an offside position, the Villa keeper has the ball and throws it to Mings. Mings isn't looking however, it hits the back of his head and rebounds to Rodri, who is then judged to be offside as Mings is judged not to have played the ball deliberately."

You said he would be offside by a throw from the 'villa' keeper.

Where as it needs to be played by the opposition, he needs to be in front of the ball, and the ball has to be played forward.

0/3 aint bad.

A minor point, but I don't think the ball needs to be played forward to have an offside.

Obviously it's very rare that the ball would be played backwards as being behind the ball when it's played makes you onside.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

That’s because the defender doesn’t have control of the ball ??

Mings did have control , it just that Rodri then legally nips the ball of him

that’s the difference

Having control isn’t mentioned in the law at all though, only if the ball has been deliberately played. That’s partly what causes the inconsistency.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night. To be honest I’d almost forgotten about how intense their hatred is. Last season we never laid a glove on the league and we started off out of sorts this season. Now we have interrupted their fairytale LiVARpool and Scum title shootout they are like rabid dogs and I love it!

It started when Barkley had a pass on early in the first half to put Grealish clean through that Dias intercepted. MacManaman let out a massive sigh of disappointment lol! The whole furore around our first goal was hilarious. But nothing could compare to the penalty when MacManaman claimed it couldn’t be a penalty if the shot was going wide!!! Fucking brilliant! I belly laughed.

It used to annoy me, but now I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way. Their salty, bitter nonsense makes it even better.
That was the best part of the desperate punditry
Gave me a good giggle that, what a bunch of wankers you can feel the pain we are putting them through come on city !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.