Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these descriptions/explanations by the media make Rodri sound like some evil Bond villain who's been meticulously, and cunningly, engineering the whole scenario in his underground lair for years with some sinister laugh, it's fuckin embarrassing, it was just a unique set of circumstances that came together in a truth is stranger than fiction kind of way, nothing more, nothing less, so get a grip you fuckin weasels !

That was the best part of the desperate punditry
Gave me a good giggle that, what a bunch of wankers you can feel the pain we are putting them through come on city !!!!
I watched on SuperSport and no mention of offside until match was over and little micky Owen got the mike. Oh the poor lad was fuming so much he could've boiled several kettles.

To be fair to Gallagher he said in the laws of the game it's a goal, but morally it was wrong. So in future we just make sure any goals we score are within the rules, moral and not unpalatable to the media.

Exactly it's just a ridiculous nothing statement, more of which I said about further along. Morality had nothing to do with it, it's a rule and Rodri winning the ball in that manner was perfectly within the rules, so to use his context, totally moral.

Having control isn’t mentioned in the law at all though, only if the ball has been deliberately played. That’s partly what causes the inconsistency.
‘Control/deliberate!’
Same thing
Let’s not get like the law makers ?we-are not legal people but I think we both know what I mean ?

the law is worded that way to stop an offside player becoming on side by a team mate simply blasting or cannoning the ball against them to their ‘offside teammate ‘

not trying to split hairs ,
End of the day the law is correct and was implemented correctly!

it’s just the media making mischief

That’s because the defender doesn’t have control of the ball ??

Mings did have control , it just that Rodri then legally nips the ball of him

that’s the difference
It shouldn't be called offside either,doesn't have to have a control of the ball.If he tries to play a ball and ricochets to opposing player who was in offside position, it's play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.