Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spoken to him a few times because of the podcast and he's a good bloke. CERTAINLY not a bullshitter. He gets things wrong sometimes but he's pretty willing to hold his hands up on it. I don't believe the fact that he's a United fan should really come into the discussion by anybody sensible.

His sources are the best around for City though, both officially and unofficially so I don't presume that he's going to go away any time soon. And I'm glad for that. Having a journo who is active on social media and talks to people normally rather than from on high like some "old school" red top journalists is good for City and good for City fans.

I'm not sure I've ever heard a bad word about him from anybody that regularly deals with him. It's an odd target to pick for hatred.
Nail on head. There are some right small minded weirdos on here who think that a non City fan can’t be a good City journalist. I sometimes wonder if they have ever listened to him or read his stuff or whether they just sit at home in their stained underpants mashing their keyboard saying unpleasant things about him solely because he’s a Utd fan.

I've spoken to him a few times because of the podcast and he's a good bloke. CERTAINLY not a bullshitter. He gets things wrong sometimes but he's pretty willing to hold his hands up on it. I don't believe the fact that he's a United fan should really come into the discussion by anybody sensible.

His sources are the best around for City though, both officially and unofficially so I don't presume that he's going to go away any time soon. And I'm glad for that. Having a journo who is active on social media and talks to people normally rather than from on high like some "old school" red top journalists is good for City and good for City fans.

I'm not sure I've ever heard a bad word about him from anybody that regularly deals with him. It's an odd target to pick for hatred.
More reliable than Mullock? Nah. Is he holding his hands up here or doubling down on his own bullshit? Never seen a super duper reliable journalist get publicly called out by a player. Think you’re letting your personal relationship with him cloud your judgement tbh.

Nail on head. There are some right small minded weirdos on here who think that a non City fan can’t be a good City journalist. I sometimes wonder if they have ever listened to him or read his stuff or whether they just sit at home in their stained underpants mashing their keyboard saying unpleasant things about him solely because he’s a Utd fan.

I recall that Stuart Brennan on the MEN is a United fan (happy to be proved wrong on that) and most people consider his coverage of City to be pretty fair.

He was ok before he got employed by The Athletic. You are right though, I am a small minded weirdo.

More reliable than Mullock? Nah. Never seen a super duper reliable journalist get publicly called out by a player. Think you’re letting your personal relationship with him cloud your judgement tbh.
The fact that a player cares enough about what the guy says should give some credence to how respected he is in the first place.

And it's not like he's coming round my house and helping my gloss my skirting boards, I just had a few chats with him before we went on-air or off-air and the odd DM before I was banished from Twatter. Not really a personal relationship to speak of. Ahsan knows him much better than I and he likes and trusts him and I like and trust Ahsan so that's probably where that comes from. Mainly I think he's pretty good because he doesn't really swing into overreaction, seems to work hard and has good sources around the club.

'm What did City ever do to the lycanthropic one to make him so bitter and twisted? Was one of his daughter's other mates a City fan who told him to fuck off when he tried to burgle her knickers too?
This is one of the things I like about this forum. It's only just turned ten in the morning GMT and I'm reaching for the dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.