Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbc have a new go to expert on grass roots football and the effects that the easing of government restrictions.
The last time he was on BBC was at the same time that Willie 'Taters' Morgan was talking about Bobby Charlton and his condition but just kept repeating about him loving golf.
The following day they had this expert on non league football on speaking from his car. He was so clueless like Morgan l thought the BBC would not ask him on again ever
No. I was wrong. Robbie Savage was back again. His expertise comes from playing for Stockport Town a couple of times.

Bbc have a new go to expert on grass roots football and the effects that the easing of government restrictions.
The last time he was on BBC was at the same time that Willie 'Taters' Morgan was talking about Bobby Charlton and his condition but just kept repeating about him loving golf.
The following day they had this expert on non league football on speaking from his car. He was so clueless like Morgan l thought the BBC would not ask him on again ever
No. I was wrong. Robbie Savage was back again. His expertise comes from playing for Stockport Town a couple of times.

To be fair, he coaches a youth team so, as I do the same, he has my respect for that as I know from experience how tough a gig it can be.

Won’t come as a surprise to many City fans who was at Wembley for the league cup final........

Aston Villa fans top reported hate crime list for 2019-20 season

To be fair, he coaches a youth team so, as I do the same, he has my respect for that as I know from experience how tough a gig it can be.
He was made out by the BBC to be an expert on the whole lower leagues not just a youth team plus the financing of nom lrague clubs. He seemed quite happy to watch his local team Macc Town go to the wall as did many of his football millionaire near neighbours.
His qualifications for being on the BBC interview are that he is an ex rag.

He was made out by the BBC to be an expert on the whole lower leagues not just a youth team plus the financing of nom lrague clubs. He seemed quite happy to watch his local team Macc Town go to the wall as did many of his football millionaire near neighbours.
His qualifications for being on the BBC interview are that he is an ex rag.

On the other hand it could be that he has worked for the BBC for a number of years now and they are aware he IS actively involved in grassroots football. Also he is actively involved in the revival of Macc - head of football operations no less. Good on him.

On the other hand it could be that he has worked for the BBC for a number of years now and they are aware he IS actively involved in grassroots football. Also he is actively involved in the revival of Macc - head of football operations no less. Good on him.
His involvement with Macc has lasted a whole month. He played one single game for Stockport Town. There are dozens of people who have been involved in junior football for years just in the Stockport area alone.
He is no expert.
We shall see if he lasts

Just sent this to BT, for what good it will do

I am getting pretty fed up with BT coverage of Manchester City on CL games, in fact all games but my example relates to this evenings game v Marseille. Please explain why your commentators and pundits have to add a price tag to every City player they talk about? This evening was Cancello at £60m, followed up with. That's a lot for a substitute. Why do they have to make comment about how much we have spent on defenders without doing some research first. However when United or Liverpool play there is an absence of the financial details paid for players in their match commentaries. Will you be pointing out tomorrow that Pogba cost 90m? Do they think that's a lot for a substitute? Will they be saying that's a great tackle by 80m Maguire, the former being unlikely. Did they mention the cost of 75m Alison missing for Liverpool tonight? I know they mentioned the recently departed Virgil VD tonight but they didnt mention his transfer fee? There is a bias with both BT and Sky to ensure that City are the biggest spenders ever in world football, that they break transfer records everytime they spend and it's a myth not helped by your biased commentary. Chelsea dont get our treatment yet they spent fortunes this summer and in previous years. Your darlings in red at both ends of the East Lancs dont get this treatment despite being the ones who regularly break transfer records. These myths are perpetuated by BT and they are inaccurate and misleading and whilst being probably unconscious they perpetuate the myth which is wholly inaccurate and you need to balance out your reporting by either naming all players, from all clubs along with their fees and especially if it's a world record fee, or just use their name and concentrate on commentating on the game.
BT replied,

Quote - We always try to take a fair view of the teams and the competitions which we broadcast and we’re sorry if you feel we’re biased in any of our coverage or commentary.

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Jill Dodds)
24/11/2020 10:43 AM​
Hello Mr

Thanks for taking the time to contact us with your feedback. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

BT Sport take its responsibility as a broadcaster extremely seriously and aims to deliver top quality live sports coverage to its viewers. We always try to take a fair view of the teams and the competitions which we broadcast and we’re sorry if you feel we’re biased in any of our coverage or commentary.

I have passed your comments and feedback on to our broadcasting department.

We take all viewers comments and feedback seriously as we want to ensure we deliver the best possible service to all of our customers.

We hope you continue to enjoy BT Sport and all we have to offer.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team

BT replied,

Quote - We always try to take a fair view of the teams and the competitions which we broadcast and we’re sorry if you feel we’re biased in any of our coverage or commentary.

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Jill Dodds)
24/11/2020 10:43 AM​
Hello Mr

Thanks for taking the time to contact us with your feedback. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

BT Sport take its responsibility as a broadcaster extremely seriously and aims to deliver top quality live sports coverage to its viewers. We always try to take a fair view of the teams and the competitions which we broadcast and we’re sorry if you feel we’re biased in any of our coverage or commentary.

I have passed your comments and feedback on to our broadcasting department.

We take all viewers comments and feedback seriously as we want to ensure we deliver the best possible service to all of our customers.

We hope you continue to enjoy BT Sport and all we have to offer.

Best wishes
BT Sport Team
Well said 91 mate.Unfortunately it will probably end up in the files "Don`t Bother With".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.