Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the media dickheads banging on about City being shit this season have been overlooking the following.
  • It's still early in the season.
  • The PL table is very congested (City jumped 6 places yesterday).
  • When the weekend's fixtures have all been played City will still have a (home) game in hand over 16 other teams.
  • City have played most games this season with around 5 players injured or sick. (Yet it's Liverpool that are bravely carrying on in the midst of an injury crisis).
  • For most of the games so far this season City have been forced to play without a recognised striker.

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but I was sent a survey from the club on behalf of the Premier League I think. One of the sections dealt with how you watched the games and even asked if you watched with the commentary off so the message must be getting through somewhere. Needless to say I took the opportunity to express my views on the media coverage of City games at great length.

Spot on. And if Rob Harris was a genuine journalist who did have any evidence that Pep was evading tax then why would he give his "exclusive story" away to all his rivals at a public press conference. The motive for asking the question was not journalistic, it wasn't even a fishing expedition. It was a malicious attempt to embarrass Pep at one of his greatest moments.
I was angry at the club at the time for not taking action against Harris. To introduce that allegation in public is defamatory unless Harris can prove it is true. Putting the allegations in the form of a question makes no difference legally. We could have taken him to the cleaners and headed off further defamatory coverage from others as the FFP case continued.
To which I would ask the question of our hierarchy "Is the disrespectful piece of shit still allowed to enter our stadium at all, and if so, why?".

Very rarely watch a game with commentary , usualy give it ten minutes and the first mention of money , Pep leaving , injury plagued Aguero , no atmosphere , empty seats(those were the days) or other inane drivel , it is then the mute button.When we score i briefly put the sound on to here how poor the opposition defence is , how lucky our goal was or surely VAR will disallow the goal , queue the disappointment when KDB's worldy is allowed to stand and the muffled groan of acceptance , then apply the mute button again.
Do you think the commentators have a script to work from when covering City matches, I think they're briefed definitely

• For most of the games so far this season City have been forced to play without a recognised striker.
This was the worst...I could see our wingers struggling to adapt...Thank god Pep solved it with Ferran at middle which was much better.

All the media dickheads banging on about City being shit this season have been overlooking the following.
  • It's still early in the season.
  • The PL table is very congested (City jumped 6 places yesterday).
  • When the weekend's fixtures have all been played City will still have a (home) game in hand over 16 other teams.
  • City have played most games this season with around 5 players injured or sick. (Yet it's Liverpool that are bravely carrying on in the midst of an injury crisis).
Even our own City representing pundits don't mention those ,hello Micah. Couldn't believe it the other week when Micah was asked why City were struggling to score goals, I thought go on Micah mention the fact that we've had no recognised striker for six matches so far, but he fucking never mentioned it, came out with some other rubbish. Maybe they're told what to say as well.

I know it was only MOTD highlights but Guy Mowbray did not mention a transfer fee one single time in his commentary.
He also needs to work on his technique and sound flat and deflated when City score. He is not paid to appreciate to appreciate good football.
Well said, I find Mr Mowbray a decent and honest commentator. He even spoke well of us before the game on football focus. Almost spoke like a ' positive ' City fan. No Ally Mann though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.