Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post mate and happy to answer it as best I can.

I think there are a lot of people in the press who don’t like our business model, similar to Leipzig in Germany, our owners, such as the likes Delaney, Harris etc and I think that is reflected in their writing. In some minds that could constitute an ‘agenda’, very much depends on your definition, but to me its not the overarching agenda what is typically inferred on here.

Consequently I think we do probably get worse press (I say probably as I rarely read news on other clubs as a comparison and am very sensitised to City content) and so I can understand some reaction to content. It will surprise you but some stuff bothers me, including the fawning for Liverpool and United at times, Delaney, Harris etc and I must add I think the negative coverage was ramped up post the FFP allegations, so my position has shifted a bit.

I think its worth noting I am no fan of the majority of the press overall. In fact I despise a lot of them. Where I suppose I differ, to many on here, is I think the media will sell anyone down the river, not just City. For example I would argue pretty much every United manager post Fergie has had no end of stick, including Solksjaer, this season and I would argue they tried to do a hatchet job on Mason Greenwood after the England incident. In a wider context it could be Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and all the others individuals who had their phones hacked. Some sections of the press are just waiting to destroy people.

With regards some the other accusations I think a lot of its nonsense. Were at a point on here where even the likes of Micah Richards is being accused
of selling out, where most neutral observers laugh at how pro-City he is. Same has happened with Hinchcliffe, Quinn etc. I think even the guys on the Blue Moon podcast got a bit of stick for a while, not to mention the M(u)EN and Sam Lee etc. I think sometimes you have to accept someones else’s opinion, which may be in complete contrast to your own, but is not necessarily part of a sinister agenda.

Just to touch on a couple of your specific points:

I think complaining about the press referencing our squad being ‘bigger’ to me is an example of fans being overly sensitive. Yes we know squad sizes are the same but the reference to a big squad is a comment relation to the quality, cost, experience of those within it. In fact City fans reference our ‘big squad’ all the time in reference to how we need to rotate, how it should help us over the course of the season when injuries kick in. Its really nothing to be offended about.

Like I said there is a lot of stuff fans can quite rightly whinge about, no arguments, but it becomes a bit too much when refs are blocking passing lanes, all refs biased and match fixing, pigmol biased against us, cup draws national and european fixed, sky, bbc, BT, all pundits, pretty much every media outlet and reporter biased against us etc.
Delaney and Harris went into full meltdown and attack mode in the week after we beat Liverpool to the title and were on the verge of a domestic quadruple that will probably never be repeated. Winning by that margin only tipped them over the edge into irrational, hate-fuelled insanity and bad faith.
That isn’t a coincidence

It's not that Foden doesn't get praise. I was saying imagine the praise he would get if he played in red.
Even the press/pundits cannot ignore raw talent.

The lack of individual awards over the years proves my point.

Fernandes Penandes has had 2 more PL POTM awards in 10 months than KDB has had in 4 years.

I wonder who started the ball rolling to send
that letter from the the Hateful Eight (or nine) to CAS? I don't like the word 'agenda' its too formal.
There is certainly some collusion amongst many of the teams in the top half and those who seek to benefit from the crumbs from their table. The media merely side with them all.

Almost certainly the rags if what I’ve heard is true.

I don’t mind the word ‘agenda’ myself. It describes what is going on perfectly. But it means different things to different people, and by some people’s definition there is no agenda.

I don’t think most blues disagree about what is actually happening, nor the reasons for it. We know where FFP came from, and who it was designed to protect. We know where the hacking came from, and why the media on the whole brushed it under the carpet. We know where the clear attempt to damage our reputation that Khaldoon referred to came from.

Personally I think it has got nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with who our rivals are.

A lot of them individual awards, we have missed out on, are decided by the players of other clubs. Do you think they are all biased as well?

More jealous? Plus only a few awards are decided by peers.

Look, the fact is a lot of people don't like how we were funded since 2008.
I actually get that. I've said in previous posts, that i don't think it is fair for any club to be able to suddenly spend large amounts. but it was the only way to break through and ALL successful clubs have done it at some point.

So that sets a narrative that we have bought success.
That in itself causes jealousy/anger amongst other players/pundits the press.
Chelsea went through a similar period where any success was derided. They seem to be passed that now and any achievements are accepted as earnt.

Whatever people think of City's business model, that should never take away from what the same eleven v eleven players are doing on the pitch.
Unfortunately, there are some people out there that they cannot praise or be positive about us.
It tends to be the same older pundits/commentators and agenda driven reporters (shills) that are guilty of unrelenting attacks.
Whether it be subtle or direct, it is constant.

I have read plenty of positive reports on us. And we are not the only ones to get agenda driven poor press. Most of the time it is merely clickbait, or to get attention seeking headlines though.

The media in general are like pack animals now. They run whichever way the wind is blowing. They also feed on the weak. Ignore their constant bites at your peril etc.

Fernandes Penandes has had 2 more PL POTM awards in 10 months than KDB has had in 4 years.
It’s actually 4 more. KDB has never won player of the month.

Penandes has as many Player of the month awards in 10 months that Henry got in his whole career & 3 more than Spanish Dave ever got lol

I should add that Aguero is the record holder of having the most with 7 in his 9 years here

Just got a notification that you are now “following me”. Weird.

you think im a rag? Ha fuck me. Grow up. Ive paid my dues over 46 years to criticise or applaud as i see fit. I dont need some happy clapping prick to give me the ok to do so.

getting 100 points and not shutting the media negativity up doesnt wind me up, far from it, just gives me a warm glow. Try it.

so fuck off with your self righteousness and leave me to my own opinion, as i will yours. Its a forum. Things are discussed. Some youll like , some you wont, but dont be telling people what opinions are right or wrong.

have a good sunday and please “unfollow” me
I merely pressed the wrong button as much as l admire your: 'go on hit me again. I can take it, I'm dead 'ard' attitude over the media.
You seem too quick to disagree that you don’t even seem to look what you are arguing about.

More jealous? Plus only a few awards are decided by peers.

Look, the fact is a lot of people don't like how we were funded since 2008.
I actually get that. I've said in previous posts, that i don't think it is fair for any club to be able to suddenly spend large amounts. but it was the only way to break through and ALL successful clubs have done it at some point.

So that sets a narrative that we have bought success.
That in itself causes jealousy/anger amongst other players/pundits the press.
Chelsea went through a similar period where any success was derided. They seem to be passed that now and any achievements are accepted as earnt.

Whatever people think of City's business model, that should never take away from what the same eleven v eleven players are doing on the pitch.
Unfortunately, there are some people out there that they cannot praise or be positive about us.
It tends to be the same older pundits/commentators and agenda driven reporters (shills) that are guilty of unrelenting attacks.
Whether it be subtle or direct, it is constant.

I have read plenty of positive reports on us. And we are not the only ones to get agenda driven poor press. Most of the time it is merely clickbait, or to get attention seeking headlines though.

The media in general are like pack animals now. They run whichever way the wind is blowing. They also feed on the weak. Ignore their constant bites at your peril etc.
Players are only human and, as a rule, not the most highly educated group of individuals. They will be just as receptive to the constantly negative reporting of City and the hyping of the establishment clubs as your average idiot on Football Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.