Owen
Ince
Houghton
Kirkland
Aldridge
Stanley Doggymore

Who did I miss?

Last edited:
Almost certainly the rags if what I’ve heard is true.

I don’t mind the word ‘agenda’ myself. It describes what is going on perfectly. But it means different things to different people, and by some people’s definition there is no agenda.

I don’t think most blues disagree about what is actually happening, nor the reasons for it. We know where FFP came from, and who it was designed to protect. We know where the hacking came from, and why the media on the whole brushed it under the carpet. We know where the clear attempt to damage our reputation that Khaldoon referred to came from.

Personally I think it has got nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with who our rivals are.
OK agenda seems to be one of those words that has a new meaning in football but you're correct in all that you say.
It's worrying for the future of football generally that these collusions, cabals, what ever you want to call them can get together and secretly plan change that suits them and not football as a whole.

I think squad depth does get used also and I am not sure the likes of Danny Murphy etc have an english degree. The majority of football fans know of squad sizes so fully understand the point being made.

To jump to a conclusion of racism from choosing to use the word ‘big’ instead of ‘depth’ to describe a football squad is a leap to far for me, but pretty much supports, in my opinion, my views that there are some extreme views in relation to the media thread
I think you've missed my point completely, but assume you're being deliberately obtuse. Murphy simply repeats what has been dripped into his brain since 2008, he's had the idea put there and is more than happy to oblige his paymasters by repeating it. Drip, drip, drip. Borrowed money good, oil money bad. It's almost Orwellian.

It probably is in many respects, but this media debate long superseded Der Spiegel, Russia/Qatar world cup etc.

There is undeniably corruption out there, and often policies are set with self-interest in mind but whether that extends to widespread match fixing, the Refs governing body directing refs to fix matches and then that being undertaken to target City Im not convinced.
That’s fair enough. As long as you accept it’s not a massive leap to think it’s the case. On the PGMOL front neither you or I can say one or another with any certainty. I’d like to believe it isn’t the case but financially it is in the Premier League brands interest to ensure LiVARpool and the Scum‘s global army of keyboard warriors and mail order customers are kept happy.

I merely pressed the wrong button as much as l admire your: 'go on hit me again. I can take it, I'm dead 'ard' attitude over the media.
You seem too quick to disagree that you don’t even seem to look what you are arguing about.
I think you need to try and enjoy supporting city as i have for 46 years through thick and mostly thin and enjoy how the media hate us. Because you wont change the line they take.

lets leave it there.

If you think there’s a Mr Big somewhere, stroking his white cat, puffing on a large cigar and plotting the downfall of MCFC you’re probably wrong.

If you think there’s a collection of bodies and individuals, for whom in different ways and for different reasons denigrating MCFC and disparaging its achievements and if possible frustrating it’s progress is in their own interests, you’re probably right.

I’m interested in which view Frank takes.

Hi Chris,

As you have mentioned me by my moniker and its been a pretty civil debate today I will try and answer your post.

Firstly no I don't think there is an orchestrated campaign, across so many platforms to discredit us or a Mr Big plotting our downfall.

With regards your second paragraph if lets say evidence came out that a newspaper sent a memo around saying our political position on Abu Dhabi is a negative one and we believe City are being used as a vehicle to improve their international reputation so lets report negatively about the club, I could possibly, at a stretch believe it. No evidence of course but its not beyond the realms of possibility and arguably could stretch to more than one.

To touch on a collection of bodies or individuals it might be worth considering the motivations of those often mentioned on here:

BT - were they not previously one of the clubs sponsors, including City square between 2013-2016. Do we really think they have been trying to damage their own investment?

Sky Sports - Are they not in a news partnership Sky News Arabia with Abu Dhabi Media investment corporation owned by Sheik Mansour.

Richard Scudamore - Famous for his quotes about , multiple winners of the Premier League. After leaving the Premiership if he was working against us why was he headhunted and championed by Simon Pearce in a consultancy capacity to help with reform of the A league in Australia.

Hi Chris,

As you have mentioned me by my moniker and its been a pretty civil debate today I will try and answer your post.

Firstly no I don't think there is an orchestrated campaign, across so many platforms to discredit us or a Mr Big plotting our downfall.

With regards your second paragraph if lets say evidence came out that a newspaper sent a memo around saying our political position on Abu Dhabi is a negative one and we believe City are being used as a vehicle to improve their international reputation so lets report negatively about the club, I could possibly, at a stretch believe it. No evidence of course but its not beyond the realms of possibility and arguably could stretch to more than one.

To touch on a collection of bodies or individuals it might be worth considering the motivations of those often mentioned on here:

BT - were they not previously one of the clubs sponsors, including City square between 2013-2016. Do we really think they have been trying to damage their own investment?

Sky Sports - Are they not in a news partnership Sky News Arabia with Abu Dhabi Media investment corporation owned by Sheik Mansour.

Richard Scudamore - Famous for his quotes about , multiple winners of the Premier League. After leaving the Premiership if he was working against us why was he headhunted and championed by Simon Pearce in a consultancy capacity to help with reform of the A league in Australia.

Thanks for that, Frank.

As I asked earlier, how do you define the agenda that you say doesn’t exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.