Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was already fuming about the cowards that attacked Joao Cancelo but I’ve just seen the BBC headline:
“Joao Cancelo: Manchester City full-back says he was injured in robbery.”

Now I am incandescent with rage!! Doesn’t happen often!

That implies he wasn’t injured in the attack/robbery! I’ve seen headlines when other footballers from local teams have been robbed and/or attacked at home never has a headline said “X says he was robbed and attacked” or “X says he was tied up and robbed” etc!!!
Am I being paranoid? Does that headline strike anyone else that way or am I being over protective/sensitive because it’s a City player?

Last edited:
I was already fuming about the cowards that attacked Joao Cancelo but I’ve just seen the BBC headline:

That implies he wasn’t injured in the attack/robbery! I’ve seen headlines when other footballers from local teams have been robbed and/or attacked at home never has a headline said “X says he was robbed and attacked” or “X says he was tied up and robbed” etc!!!
Am I being paranoid? Does that headline strike anyone else that way of am I being over protective/sensitive because it’s a City player?
Eccles Blue it says injured in robbery on the main headlines but when you go into the football section it says joao cancelo says HE was injured in robbery..disgusting reporting..Edit..interesting that the likes of espn reporting it as joao cancelo injured assaulted by 4 cowards..

Am I being paranoid? Does that headline strike anyone else that way or am I being over protective/sensitive because it’s a City player?
Repeated on 7.30 local news as well.
No need at all for that 4 letter word. It could be worse, they might have used 'claims'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.