Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It fucking kills them to ever mention Utd's spending, I can honestly never think of a time anybody has pulled them up over it. All of their shit buys like Di Maria, Depay etc sweet fa of a mention, allowed to slope off in a blink of an eye. Just a case of oh well it didn't quite work out, nothing lost there

They sack a manager and the £ count and transition starts again

It’s irritating that Ronay bangs on like so many others that it’s the wealth of our owners that allows us to buy good players. Which is actually accusing us of falsifying our accounts, which show where the money really comes from.

As others have said, Ronay just recycles the same shit about us in every article:

It usually goes something like...

- Grudging praise
- Repeated mentions of state backing
- Question validity of FFP
- Pep is a genius
- BUT they've spent a lot of money
- Grudging praise
- Subtly suggest their achievements aren't comparable to Liverpool or United
- Grudging praise
* Throw in a pretentious subtext to show everyone how very clever he is.

I keep hearing that it’s out ability to buy the best of everything as to why we’re as successful as we are.

Who was our last signing that at the time people regarded as the ‘best’ player in that position? All our key players currently; Ederson, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri & Bernardo were certainly not in that category. I imagine most of these journalists had barely heard of them.

Pep then has the incredible ability to make them 10x the player through his coaching and his tactical genius.

Read it disppointing from ronay as he is a talented writer compared to Mr Paradise and others. He does regularly write poor quality negative City articles. My view is he is happy to write in accordance with his editors direction and take the money. Has he been chatting to miggy this week. Ignoring the bingo he seems very negative about City for running the business well and effectively as though to provide an unfair advantage. Bizarre
Barney Ronay is a smug **** who tries oh so very hard to be clever and amusing in every piece he comes out with. And fails miserably on both fronts. He is so far up himself that you'd need the fucking Hubble telescope to see him.

Another one below, not quite as in your face this time but none the less almost ostracising city from being a component of the Premier League. It's like 'lets just forget about THAT team at the top and have our own party', whereas if it was a team in red they'd be embracing and celebrating their lead.

Anyone seen the latest effort from Barney Ronay in the shit Guardian?. Don't know how to put a link on, but it starts quite promising then subsides in to more raging bitterness, just like a true red scouse cock end would have you believe. The tool ends up playing City bingo towards the end, this pathetic excuse of a journalist is quite high up on the hit list. Fucking prick!
I am clearly in the minority here but I like Ronay’s writing. And to put a bit of balance back for those who haven’t read the article he ends by saying “this looks like the most irresistible club team English football has ever witnessed”.
If our fans are getting their knickers in a twist over someone who says that about us then maybe a bit of perspective would help.

I keep hearing that it’s out ability to buy the best of everything as to why we’re as successful as we are.

Who was our last signing that at the time people regarded as the ‘best’ player in that position? All our key players currently; Ederson, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri & Bernardo were certainly not in that category. I imagine most of these journalists had barely heard of them.

Pep then has the incredible ability to make them 10x the player through his coaching and his tactical genius.
Exactly, i've been banging on about that recently. That stupid phrase of " City's money has allowed them to buy some of the world's best players" irks me greatly. We simply haven't, absolutely zero galacticos in this squad, it's not Pep's way, just more lies from the gutter media

I am clearly in the minority here but I like Ronay’s writing. And to put a bit of balance back for those who haven’t read the article he ends by saying “this looks like the most irresistible club team English football has ever witnessed”.
If our fans are getting their knickers in a twist over someone who says that about us then maybe a bit of perspective would help.

When we going to see in an article that Man City been self sufficient for 5/6 years under there owners Sheikh Mansour?

But the faint praise he gives is through gritted teeth. If he was allowed he would write 100% negative shit about us every week, he has to add a tiny bit of praise to make it look slightly balanced when deep down he doesn't want it to be

This is bollocks again. You are advocating self censorship. I hope you never complain about our PR Dept's reticence in responding to the lies. You are gaslighting City fans who are the victims of these lies
We should be more conscious as a fanbase of the forces arranged against us and own capacity to be an agent of change. City fans are a social group whose club is attacked by a corporate media for identifiable reasons that are part political and part commercial. It follows from that that we should follow a certain strategy to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.