Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago, after a talk he'd given, I had a chat to a respected broadsheet football journalist and he admitted that he was judged by his editor, not on the quality of writing, but on the number of clicks his articles got. And that's the most respected paper, not one of the red-tops.
Winter?

There is only one decent journalist out there and that is Mr Samuels.

Tells it how it is, no bias, no agenda, no racial undertones like deloony and nostrils Harris, no snidey digs like ladyman and herbert, no letting the team they follow influence them like lieu, ogden or stone.

The sports journalists in this country are an embarrassment, bitter and twisted pieces they post ,we in week out without any groundwork or research, just personal grudges given a platform by social media to spew their bile about us.

Fuck the lot of them.

Couldn’t be arsed posting a screen grab this morning.

It’s tiresome and predictable. And tbh I’ve finally f*cked it off.(Oakie will be relieved and happy :-) )

It’s never going to change, so why bother? Why highlight it? Just accept it, ignore it, and concentrate on what’s happening on the pitch, and off it via the OS.

Back to this morning. The Daily Mail. Even though United played at 3pm on Saturday, and the Daily Mail had already covered the result and match afterwards, before City played at 5.30pm, the Daily Mail still decided to run with 5 United articles above 3 City articles on their main football page on Sunday morning.

So the City articles had either been dropped further down the page, or more likely, the United articles had been moved up the page (again )for Sunday Morning reading.

Sad state of affairs.

It's why I was hopeful for the Athletic but it hasn't done as well.
Any online publication is always going to be dependent on clicks and/or subscriptions. The largest numbers as thing stand will be from Rags, Dippers, Tarqins, etc.

Since the Saturday games finished and before the Sunday games started the rags game vs WHU has had all the media attention.
Simply who gets the more clicks, views etc.

Isn’t there a contradiction here?

First we are told by opposition fans that we are irrelevant.

These same fans then appear to be all clicking on articles about us.

It cant be both.

Reminds me of another contradiction that we bought our success rather than winning trophies…so what are all those shiny things we keep getting at the end of each season and do they not generate cash?

Lastly we have thousands of plastic fans and at the same time no fans at all.

They could just as easily argue with themselves….which is actually what happens.

I‘d like more of United all over the back pages…they’re a circus. I’d prefer to just collect trophies. I’m not in the least bit bothered what opposition fans think because I know the level of hypocrisy involved and that they would all swap with us in a second.

If the opposition clubs had put as much effort into developing their own structures as they have trying to stop or undermine our model they would, by now, be competitive.

Our rivals and their supporters continue to waste their time. I’m wasting none on them.

Isn’t there a contradiction here?

First we are told by opposition fans that we are irrelevant.

These same fans then appear to be all clicking on articles about us.

It cant be both.

Reminds me of another contradiction that we bought our success rather than winning trophies…so what are all those shiny things we keep getting at the end of each season And do they not generate cash?

Lastly we have thousands of plastic fans and at the same time no fans at all.

They could just as easily argue with themselves….which is actually what happens.

I‘d actually like more of United all over the back pages…they’re a circus. I’d prefer to just collect trophies. I’m not in the least bit bothered what opposition fans think because I know the hypocrisy involved and that they would all swap with us in a second.

If the opposition clubs had put as much effort into developing their own structures as they have trying to stop or undermine our model they would, by now, be competitive.

The other clubs and their supporters continue to waste their time. I’m wasting none on them.
every single football fan in the country wants what we have ...full stop.

Couldn’t be arsed posting a screen grab this morning.

It’s tiresome and predictable. And tbh I’ve finally f*cked it off.(Oakie will be relieved and happy :-) )

It’s never going to change, so why bother? Why highlight it? Just accept it, ignore it, and concentrate on what’s happening on the pitch, and off it via the OS.

Back to this morning. The Daily Mail. Even though United played at 3pm on Saturday, and the Daily Mail had already covered the result and match afterwards, before City played at 5.30pm, the Daily Mail still decided to run with 5 United articles above 3 City articles on their main football page on Sunday morning.

So the City articles had either been dropped further down the page, or more likely, the United articles had been moved up the page (again )for Sunday Morning reading.
Who gives a f*ck what's on the daily mail website ?

It's full of shite on every single subject, not just football.

Imagine everything in your World was going perfectly but someone kept saying that you smelt of cheese. You are called Edgar by the way.

You are perplexed and mention that you don’t smell of cheese.

The headline is “Edgar denies smelling of Cheddar” there is a 30 minute special into smelly cheeses on the telly and other people start sniffing you.

There are calls for an investigation by The Cheese Council to sort this out once and for all. Many months pass and nothing of note happens.

You are now doing really well. Someone else says you smell of cheese.

Edgar decides he doesn’t care about cheese.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.