Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What case is he talking about? Bennell?
I can guess if involves us as he is a one trick pony with a one trick hobby horse but cannot see how he appears as a witness. He mentions working pro bono. That is a good way to admit no-one will pay him for his 'work'. It seems to be the journalistic equivalent of an unemployed or unemployable actor saying he is 'resting'.
Perhaps l am missing a lot because l don't use Twitter but l am not going to change that.

Harris is obviously going to present this "research" as some serious and independent study of fan opinions. The question is "where ?".

As many have pointed out, the questions wouldn't have passed scrutiny for research at GCSE level so heaven knows who would take it seriously.

Having said that, the questions in the fan-led review survey were nearly as bad and Government is taking that seriously.

What case is he talking about? Bennell?
I can guess if involves us as he is a one trick pony with a one trick hobby horse but cannot see how he appears as a witness. He mentions working pro bono. That is a good way to admit no-one will pay him for his 'work'. It seems to be the journalistic equivalent of an unemployed or unemployable actor saying he is 'resting'.
Perhaps l am missing a lot because l don't use Twitter but l am not going to change that.

Yes, he gave evidence on potential earnings of the victims. The fact that he worked pro bono suggests to me that he volunteered his services rather than was asked to become involved. That, in itself, would be weird.

Some of these 'journalists' are operating a vendetta.

What for example is going on at FC Barcelona? How can they be paralysed by debts 3 months ago and yet now having taken on yet more loans they are able to sign players taking Aubameyang on deadline day?

The Guardian publishes some sycophantic nonsense about one minute to minute in Barcelona but if this had been City there would be all kinds of financial innuendo. The media only have eyes for football clubs that match their agenda, and yes they much have an agenda.

Plenty of Villa fans that were very unwelcoming at Wembley, they certainly don’t respect us. Same as Liverpool and United fans, can’t forget Arsenal too. Even fucking Brighton fans in the semi a few years ago were mouthing off. But then you get Sunderland and Watford fans who I can’t say a bad word about.
When we are at a game it is very different to talking to individual fans on a one-to-one basis. I find the match going fans are far more informed whilst those who could be classed as ‘plastics’, mainly through social media, have the loudest voices because they just want to be accepted, especially the Red tops.

Nothing could be surer that the first thing he would write about after his tweets was nasty City fans picking on him. It's a WhatsApp group SOP.

I saw a Villa fan giving it large on twitter how City aren’t a big club. Some City fan mentioned we’ve had higher average attendances than them going back decades, apart from a few seasons here and there. The deluded twat was presented with evidence and still couldn’t accept that City are a bigger club than Villa. It’s amazing what the media can do to a club’s reputation, a lot of people genuinely think we’ve got shit support despite averaging 40k and over for nearly 20 years. It’s not just the criticism of our fan base, we’re apparently cheats, money launderers, boring football, we’ve destroyed English football. Fuck me, the list is endless. I get annoyed when reading idiots talking shit about City, but I snap out of it quickly and realise we’re the team at the top, playing with wonderful football created by a genius manager. Bloody love oil money.
we outnumbered them in their own ground in the fa cup a few seasons ago

Harris is obviously going to present this "research" as some serious and independent study of fan opinions. The question is "where ?".

As many have pointed out, the questions wouldn't have passed scrutiny for research at GCSE level so heaven knows who would take it seriously.

Having said that, the questions in the fan-led review survey were nearly as bad and Government is taking that seriously.
Wherever it turns up, you just know you should never to touch that rag again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.