Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a Villa fan giving it large on twitter how City aren’t a big club. Some City fan mentioned we’ve had higher average attendances than them going back decades, apart from a few seasons here and there. The deluded twat was presented with evidence and still couldn’t accept that City are a bigger club than Villa. It’s amazing what the media can do to a club’s reputation, a lot of people genuinely think we’ve got shit support despite averaging 40k and over for nearly 20 years. It’s not just the criticism of our fan base, we’re apparently cheats, money launderers, boring football, we’ve destroyed English football. Fuck me, the list is endless. I get annoyed when reading idiots talking shit about City, but I snap out of it quickly and realise we’re the team at the top, playing with wonderful football created by a genius manager. Bloody love oil money.
Do you know, I don’t get any of this crap. I don’t do Twitter and the real fans that I know/meet up with have nothing but respect for what we’ve achieved, even if somewhat begrudging for the red ones.

It maybe me as I’m very fair to all clubs and willing to debate the issues, which you don’t really get on social media as the only thing they are after is ‘Likes’.

I saw a Villa fan giving it large on twitter how City aren’t a big club. Some City fan mentioned we’ve had higher average attendances than them going back decades, apart from a few seasons here and there. The deluded twat was presented with evidence and still couldn’t accept that City are a bigger club than Villa. It’s amazing what the media can do to a club’s reputation, a lot of people genuinely think we’ve got shit support despite averaging 40k and over for nearly 20 years. It’s not just the criticism of our fan base, we’re apparently cheats, money launderers, boring football, we’ve destroyed English football. Fuck me, the list is endless. I get annoyed when reading idiots talking shit about City, but I snap out of it quickly and realise we’re the team at the top, playing with wonderful football created by a genius manager. Bloody love oil money.
They seem quite fond of the bigger club idea. They have claimed this to me. Villa were in the third tier I recall late 60s when we were winning things and loads of more recent spells of relegation but like to only remember us playing outside the top tier I have found.

Do you know, I don’t get any of this crap. I don’t do Twitter and the real fans that I know/meet up with have nothing but respect for what we’ve achieved, even if somewhat begrudging for the red ones.

It maybe me as I’m very fair to all clubs and willing to debate the issues, which you don’t really get on social media as the only thing they are after is ‘Likes’.
Plenty of Villa fans that were very unwelcoming at Wembley, they certainly don’t respect us. Same as Liverpool and United fans, can’t forget Arsenal too. Even fucking Brighton fans in the semi a few years ago were mouthing off. But then you get Sunderland and Watford fans who I can’t say a bad word about.

They have never forgiven both City and many of our fans, who told them exactly how CAS was likely to go and why, for making a holy show of the lot of them
The best moment of this was Miguel Delaney dismissing Stefan’s article that all but called the result as ‘a poorly written piece’ or something similar.

Even if he dismissed the article with it being written by a City fan, surely Stefan’s background in these sort of arbitrations would tell the donut it would offer a valuable insight into the proceedings.

It just crystallised that it is all purely football tribal driven nonsense, with them using the ‘sportswashing’, City cheats narrative as a front for their hatred of our Club upsetting their favourites. They simply pander to legions of of United & Liverpool fans for click revenue, rather than being actual journalists.

I’m ranting I know

The City thread on VillaTalk is......

Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

The best moment of this was Miguel Delaney dismissing Stefan’s article that all but called the result as ‘a poorly written piece’ or something similar.

Even if he dismissed the article with it being written by a City fan, surely Stefan’s background in these sort of arbitrations would tell the donut it would offer a valuable insight into the proceedings.

It just crystallised that it is all purely football tribal driven nonsense, with them using the ‘sportswashing’, City cheats narrative as a front for their hatred of our Club upsetting their favourites. They simply pander to legions of of United & Liverpool fans for click revenue, rather than being actual journalists.

I’m ranting I know
He even shopped around for his own ‘legal expert’ who would confirm his personal bias iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.