Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is rather odd that tv companies constantly run with the thread of supporting the ‘big’ 6 (minus 1…) clubs.

even with United’s 1bn (ha!) ‘supporters’ the majority of viewers will be hoping for the other team to win, no matter who they are.

but they alienate the vast majority of their audience by concentrating on the ‘big’ club.

I get that they pick a ‘big’ club to televise matches for, because it drives the audience, (it will always be bigger than a level 3 vs level 4) but I think they misinterpret the reasons the majority are watching. They are watching not to want the ‘big’ team to win, but to lose. And the majority are far more interested in the story of the other team and how they played than the repeated ad nauseum bollox of how the ‘big’ team played.

it’s noticeable that the ‘big’ team fans are all ‘not interested’ in football anymore, but that’s just united, and previously Arsenal spouting off. The lower tiers and grass roots football (ie anyone other than the ‘big’) is flourishing.. and yet tv companies just pander to the ‘big’ and ignore their far bigger potential audience.

‘Big’ football is on the cusp of eating itself, but it only has itself to blame by belittling the majority.
You’re so right, it’s total madness. I think someone on here said that the pundits must be getting backhanders and I am beginning to think that’s right. The number of times the rags name was mentioned compared to Middlesbrough, it’s like subliminal conditioning.

shocking by ITV ? so one sided and keith lard aka (keane) arse licking so he can get back in the managers job
ian wright also united have the players to win titles and cups ? NO they don't

3.57 when you put the strongest team out its a match for everybody and even in europe hahahahahahahaha

ITV air football to get advertisers and to get advertisers to pay them the best rates they need viewers. So they contract Man Utd and when they are on they praise them almost regardless of how they are playing.

shocking by ITV ? so one sided and keith lard aka (keane) arse licking so he can get back in the managers job

3.57 when you put the strongest team out its a match for everybody and even in europe hahahahahahahaha

It's even worse - the (w)anchor said "when WE put the strongest team out"

All this the preamble to a game they lost to Middlesbrough.

It is rather odd that tv companies constantly run with the thread of supporting the ‘big’ 6 (minus 1…) clubs.

even with United’s 1bn (ha!) ‘supporters’ the majority of viewers will be hoping for the other team to win, no matter who they are.

but they alienate the vast majority of their audience by concentrating on the ‘big’ club.

I get that they pick a ‘big’ club to televise matches for, because it drives the audience, (it will always be bigger than a level 3 vs level 4) but I think they misinterpret the reasons the majority are watching. They are watching not to want the ‘big’ team to win, but to lose. And the majority are far more interested in the story of the other team and how they played than the repeated ad nauseum bollox of how the ‘big’ team played.

it’s noticeable that the ‘big’ team fans are all ‘not interested’ in football anymore, but that’s just united, and previously Arsenal spouting off. The lower tiers and grass roots football (ie anyone other than the ‘big’) is flourishing.. and yet tv companies just pander to the ‘big’ and ignore their far bigger potential audience.

‘Big’ football is on the cusp of eating itself, but it only has itself to blame by belittling the majority.
The very obvious trend is for a concentration of wealth and talent in the upper reaches of the Premier League.

I think they could just do it this year - I can see Slabhead lifting the Stretford and District Tiddlywink Shield, or the Carrington Marble Championship, and then, as long as they get home draws they would be world-beaters in The Bog Snorkling League - just as long as none of them is decided by a penalty shoot-out!

The FFPR trope of our cheating is stuck in the psyche of the lazy fan/journalist.

That couple with jealousy of it isn't there club that had all the investment means the club will always face an uphill battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.