Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do get some unfair jibes and biased coverage in the press but an element of our fanbase have taken that paranoia and insecurity way too far and have become obsessed.

We certainly don't get ignored.

Fuck em. Everyone hated Man United when they were successful. It comes with the territory.

Broadly you’re absolutely right.

Outside of a few who very clearly have an agenda against the Club, we get plenty of positive coverage - alongside a lot of the standard underdog favouring/success fatigue/boredom/desire to see someone different winning commentary which any successful team over the years has received.

Unfortunately the few hacks who have a very clear agenda against us have curdled our fanbase to view any negative commentary as being somehow agenda driven - when a lot of it is just the standard criticism any successful team gets.

There is also the added layer of an over-abundance of United and Liverpool pundits playing to the galleries with their tedious ‘banter’, which further gives the impression of an unfavourable view of our club across the media.

The few who are engaged in a very deliberate campaign to undermine our club are in my opinion very real and transparent though, and shouldn’t be included in the above.

Pep has solved most of the problems that football sets and they don't like it.

They won't praise him (like they should) but instead, find ways to belittle his achievements.

Whether it's financial doping, sports washing, boring football, all too predictable football, worryingly good football, failure for lack of recent Champions League wins or whatever they think up next.

There's always a "but" when it comes to acknowledging Pep as one of the greatest managers of the modern era.

Last edited:
Broadly you’re absolutely right.

Outside of a few who very clearly have an agenda against the Club, we get plenty of positive coverage - alongside a lot of the standard underdog favouring/success fatigue/boredom/desire to see someone different winning commentary which any successful team over the years has received.

Unfortunately the few hacks who have a very clear agenda against us have curdled our fanbase to view any negative commentary as being somehow agenda driven - when a lot of it is just the standard criticism any successful team gets.

There is also the added layer of an over-abundance of United and Liverpool pundits playing to the galleries with their tedious ‘banter’, which further gives the impression of an unfavourable view of our club across the media.

The few who are engaged in a very deliberate campaign to undermine our club are in my opinion very real and transparent though, and shouldn’t be included in the above.
I''d say that's a perfect assessment. Throw in the fact that we used to be everybody's second favourite team, and the older element of our fanbase resent that being taken away. And also the fact that our nearest rivals are the biggest club in England. As many posts in the media thread are about United as about City.

We have ABCs. It's a measure of success.

Totally pointless and probably bordering on morbid fascination to keep looking for it, then moaning, then sharing it with us.
Don't read it then.
I will continue to read it because l want to know what the clowns are saying for various reasons and all quite the opposite of 'morbid'.

Jonathan Liew's report in the Grundiad is that paper's usual attempt to show that City are well on the way to ruining football. Sporting's manager is only wotking to get a move to an "elite club" this summer because his star midfielder will be on the move then and any "smaller" club will be ruined just as City have ruined Benfica's, the stars of which are now playing "for the highest bidder". Actually reminds us of Liverpool's evisceration of Southampton a few years ago but never mind.
For Liew this is City's iron fist which treacherously is wrapped in a velvet glove so that a truly sinister organisation appears as a good football team. But don't get carried away because "curiously, this game told us very little we did not already know about them. This is the gift and the curse of the modern City: often we have no idea how they will fare in adversity because they so rarely encounter it. All we can really say with any certainty is that the road to St Petersburg in May will be paved with far sterner challenges than this." let's await Liew's ruminations if Liverpool win tonight.
It’s bad to be good and it’s even worse to want to even better!

We do get some unfair jibes and biased coverage in the press but an element of our fanbase have taken that paranoia and insecurity way too far and have become obsessed.

We certainly don't get ignored.

Fuck em. Everyone hated Man United when they were successful. It comes with the territory.
See if you can find the match report in the Express.

Had the most elaborate dream last night that I paid £25 for a month of BT sport, sat with my City supporting other half & watched City, away from home, tear Sporting a new arse 0-5 in the last 16 of the CL. Then listened to the post match analysis from BT delivered with all the enthusiasm of a recipient of a colonoscopy.
But this must have been some kind of mad dream, as when I went online this morning to browse the national newspapers & read a few match reports, there was only something in the guardian that seemed to be something about petro-dollars rather than any football analysis.
I think I might need a brain scan because last night felt so real, but clearly must never have happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.