Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the BBC have rediscovered football I see - National and local news reporting the mighty dippers win… funny how they ignored us last night… agenda what agenda….
The BBC have a news editor who decided what goes into that evening's broadcast. He/she/it/gender fluid/no gender decided to include several minutes on the Djokovic interview (with the snidey Amol Rajan) then cover the doping young Russian girl. They couldn't even find 15 seconds to mention the result let alone show Berni's goal (they showed Salad's). I thought "Our" Clive might have slipped in the score on the quiet.

My mate pays for his kids to go to St Bedes because of its reputation.
He is a devout Muslim and his kids are both girls and he is delighted.
Bedes is a bit like City, Unrecognisable from the past.
In my day poor teachers mingled freely with the paedophiles that roamed the corridors and Dorms.
The football pitches were great though.

I accept what Pep says when he claims he does not to get involved in the actual negotiations, but surely he must have a say in deciding if a player fits into his plans?
Perhaps Tkixi is acquiring players for the future - post Pep. Although Tkixi has ultimate responsibilty, I just can't imagine City buying any player if Pep isn't happy.
Pep says he expresses his opinion but the final decision is up to the club. They would never sign a player he really doesn't want. It largely comes down to club veto on cost.
Don't think Pep gets involved in signing certain players for onward loan or sale who will not be in first team squad.

A lot of negative stuff about us at the moment after we have been playing beautiful football and scoring unbelievable goals. Which is what everyone wants in a game surely. Certain journalists just can't help themselves. I don't click on the links provided but try and work out what they are writing by the reaction on here and odd quotes. Well we've been winning trophies for years now and their gripes and moans will seem as old fashioned as the newspapers they generally write in by the younger generation. Sure, rags and dippers will cling on to their negativity and pass it on but our success on and off the pitch is undeniable now. Sod 'em.

not sure if Mbappe to Real Madrid is that cut and dried, rumour of PSG offering him £500k a week. Alot of water to flow under the bridge on both Mbappe and Haaland

not sure if Mbappe to Real Madrid is that cut and dried, rumour of PSG offering him £500k a week. Alot of water to flow under the bridge on both Mbappe and Haaland

PSG are not able to mature as a club…. Money is really all they can offer - and Paris I guess but a young player with ambition is unlikely to stay there for his whole career. That said perfect destination for Pogba.

Please excuse me but I write better with a beer down me. Anyway all I get over here from the red tops is the insinuation that we buy the league and in general we are cheats who got let off by a panel of judges in Switzerland. The only positives I get is( believe or not) from Leeds and Newcastle fans who by the way all say our football is sexy( please read my excuse previous hic). What I will add is all of them wished they were the lottery winners instead.

I accept what Pep says when he claims he does not to get involved in the actual negotiations, but surely he must have a say in deciding if a player fits into his plans?
Perhaps Tkixi is acquiring players for the future - post Pep. Although Tkixi has ultimate responsibilty, I just can't imagine City buying any player if Pep isn't happy.
Fred
Maguire
Alexis
I'll not go on.

Don't know if already posted but.......... driving to work Wednesday morning listening to radio 4. Sports desk at 7.27 and the headline was some bloke who finished 13th in the skiing the night before and some people hurling bits of rock at other bits of rock on some ice while cleaning it with brushes... thereafter about 4 mins of crap they mentioned that city scored 5 away from home last night (whatever). Fast forward 24 hours. 7.27.... sports desk... HEADLINE.... fantastic result for bin dippers last night>>>> and straight over to milan for our jonny on the spot to slather and want himself inside out while describing footballs undoubted finest. The contrast struck me. Thats all. @conspiracy.

When I see these stories regurgitated, I always wonder how many aspiring youngsters in other walks of life suffer similar extreme consequences of failure. The obvious example is acting. How many young actors have sunk into depression, drugs and suicide as their high hopes haven't materialised ? I don't see that football clubs are under any higher moral obligation to support failed footballers than any other industry, and City, of all clubs, do more than most to provide an education to fall back on.
Spot-on. There is undoubtedly a problem with youth suicides which is worthy of investigation. A proper journalist would have checked some facts and figures. For example is the youth suicide rate higher for failed football trainees than the average for other trades? The whole article is not backed up by any facts. There is not even a proper explanation of what actually happened to Jeremy Wisten. Just another superficial tabloid headline whch does nothing to help the bereaved family or shed any light on the tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.