Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conn's first book outlines a lot of the conniving that was going on in the80s and 90s with the 'big clubs' and individuals hatching their plans to make loadsamoney out of football and he was very much against this.
He seems to have forgotten the actions of those clubs as he turned his attention on to the Arabs
A small but vital correction was applied.

There was a post on BM yesterday with a graph of inflation adjusted spending since the start of the PL, with city 4th.

can some kind soul, point me to the post, or where it originated from

ta

maybe @Ric could invite some journalists onto bluemoon and we could ask questions, obviously they would have to be vetted,so we don't get the same questions or loads of abuse , we could put our views across and hopefully they could explain peoples doubts ,didnt cheesy do something like that on here ?

Conn's first book outlines a lot of the conniving that was going on in the80s and 90s with the 'big clubs' and individuals hatching their plans to make loadsamoney out of football and he was very much against this.
He seems to have forgotten the actions of those clubs as he turned his attention on City.

No club is going to successfully compete for trophies on a regular basis without plenty of investment. That is the bottom line and aside from a very rare occasion it has always been that way. After thirty five years of no success until our takeover I know which I prefer. Conn and his like can take some form of moral high ground and that's their choice. I just wish they'd fuck off, shut up and let the rest of us enjoy this magical time.

Bbc breakfast watch update. Lengthy sports update with dopey Mike this morning, plenty of winter Olympics, boxing and 5 minutes on a kid driving a car in Rugby league.Only football mention was the ongoing Zouma situation.No mention of the big game of the day !

Being the most dominant club in England for ten seasons willl bring jealousy and envy and i understand the 'istree club pundits angst , but the vast majority of the headlines ar pure fiction with zero evidence, its just alll hearsay and innunedoand the 'istree club masses take it all as fact.
In fact the club could prove many of the therories wrong about sponsorship , attendances etc, but probably sensibly refuse to get involved in a media war , the Rags & Dippers were despised by many during thier succesful periods but i never remember the hate to be on the scale we recieve.
It onlly goes to prove how much we are hurting the f*ckers , boiling piss on Gas Mark 10

i do not believe "co-ordinated attack" is accurate, more like a pile-on by agenda-driven puppets of vested interests. When any article for publication is pre-ordained to follow the diktak from the top, it is propaganda, nothing less.
Sky have made many millions from their rag collaboration, use every dirty trick to maintain it, attacking City plays to their audience, who dont give a shit about "lies" as long as they're in their favour. The rhetoric is verging on hysteria, biblical even, (could be talking about brexit here) devoid of any attempt to be factual, or impartial. the "message" is all that matters. A neutral might suspect that the red clubs versus an Arab owned club might have a racial element rather than just greed. Maybe. City get plenty of stick on here for turning the other cheek, not from me, or many others, but quite a few want the club to come out fighting. I am confident our owners are well-used to dealing with hostile belligerents, and how to deal with them. Success on the pitch, silence in the media is a piss-boiling frustration for our detractors, long may it continue. Amen

Bbc breakfast watch update. Lengthy sports update with dopey Mike this morning, plenty of winter Olympics, boxing and 5 minutes on a kid driving a car in Rugby league.Only football mention was the ongoing Zouma situation.No mention of the big game of the day !
Tbf it's only spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.