Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I should do a Neil Young, and threaten to withdraw my work from Bluemoon unless they stop promoting the Bluemoon podcast, as it promotes deliberate misinformation.
There was one line he wrote that stood out to me.
“I know how many listeners we get”
He doesn’t give a shit about pissing off the fanbase, he cares about subscribers.

Last May, just after City had won the title, I watched CNN's sports show. Their two contributors were Rob Harris and Darren Lewis. I was gobsmacked at the fulsome praise they both lavished on City, Pep and our style of play. No caveats and no City Bingo bullshit about unlimited funds, squad cost, squad size, owned by a country, etc. It was just wall to wall positivity.

While a refeshingly uplifting watch it served only to reinforce my belief that the bitter, bile filled, snide rants, lies and innuendo both of them have aimed at City over the years is purely for the click bait driven domestic market dominated by fans of the American owned teams in red. Why the fuck can't they be that honest when they report on City for the domestic market?

Because most of them are rags, scousers or cockneys and they fucking hate us. If I was a journalist and had to write about their teams winning something I’d be bitter and jealous and try to look for negatives too.

Add to this they’re also under instruction from their bosses to praise the teams who generate most clicks too, they want all the rag/scouse sheep to keep on reading the shit they write. I don’t think there is any honesty or neutrality in football reporting because it’s such a partisan and divisive game.

The 21st Century equivalent of this....

Daily-Star-front-page-010.jpg
Mmmmm…Jo Guest….

I do think that with the very recent Nick Harris outburst, combined with the even more recent David Mooney and Sam Lee discussions, that there's a worryingly increased anti-City fan sentiment within the media emerging.

It could all have been a coincidence, but I do wonder if there have been discussions amongst certain parties recently behind the scenes to trigger this whole thing.

I've never particularly concerned myself too much with any agendas against the club, but an agenda specifically against the fans would certainly be unsettling.

I do think that with the very recent Nick Harris outburst, combined with the even more recent David Mooney and Sam Lee discussions, that there's a worryingly increased anti-City fan sentiment within the media emerging.

It could all have been a coincidence, but I do wonder if there have been discussions amongst certain parties recently behind the scenes to trigger this whole thing.

I've never particularly concerned myself too much with any agendas against the club, but an agenda specifically against the fans would certainly be unsettling.
Could you imagine thier rhetoric if we play the Scouse in a CL final.

It doesn't bare thinking about.

We'd be the new Chelsea fans.

The barely concealed trolling and baiting certainly seems to have intensified and escalated this last few weeks. Harris has gone completely off the deep end, he probably needs an intervention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.