Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get with Sam Lee is that he openly admits to being a United fan (isn't he from Birmingham??). Conversely, the last job on earth that I would want would to be a journalist solely covering United. Can you imagine having to go and watch them and report on them day in, day out for a living and not being able to go to watch your own team? Well that's what he does.
And having to eat mashed potato and scrambled egg.

What I don't get with Sam Lee is that he openly admits to being a United fan (isn't he from Birmingham??). Conversely, the last job on earth that I would want would to be a journalist solely covering United. Can you imagine having to go and watch them and report on them day in, day out for a living and not being able to go to watch your own team? Well that's what he does.
No disrespect to you, Danny, but this is one of the problems here. Our "radicals" think that that journalists are as partisan as they are but usually people who actually work in football aren't. If you're a sports journalist (in a shrinking market) you would be a moron to turn down a job because you didn't support that club.

This has been an argument on here for some time with mixed thoughts .

Attacking our " critics " seems to raise the concern that it will just attract an even bigger pile on ( if that were possible ) !

I see the argument. There is a prevailing attitude these days that you can't disagree with anyone without being aggressive and insulting, you see it on Twitter and here sometimes. It then spirals in retaliation and the original point is lost. These journalist have to be challenged though when they are deliberately bending the truth.

Sam, go and to something useful in your failing click-bait journalistic career.

Go and find out why Liverpool Football club illegally hacked Manchester City Football clubs player data base. And whether Henry and FSG knew what was going on? And why those who did it are still employed by Liverpool Football club?

Go and find out why Liverpool Football club renewed their shirt sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered even though they must have known Standard Chartered were being investigated for money laundering, breaching sanctions with Iran, etc.

Go and find out why Manchester United are funneling their money through the Cayman Islands Tax Haven.

But you won't will you, you sh*t bag! It's more than your career is worth. I'm sure you and your employer wouldn't want to upset Henry, the Glazers, Liverpool Football Cub, Manchester United Football Club, Liverpool fans (especially Liverpool fans), and United fans.

You're no different to all the other click bait football journalists who suck up to red shirt clubs and their fans. Happy to stay subservient on the QT. Happy to keep your cushy job. And happy to watch the clicks come rolling in across social media. What a shit way to measure a journalistic carrer. Are you f*ck Martin Samnuel!! And you never will be.

For me, there's a difference on the tv when it comes to pundit bias.

I can live with Gary Neville when he comes out with stuff like "Deciding who I want to win out of Liverpool and City for the title is like a choice of which bloke to nick your wife". He doesn't support either of us, he supports a club who are both teams' rivals. He came up with quite a funny line and I don't mind that.

I can't stand him when he starts talking about Fernandinho's "tactical fouls" in the weeks leading to derby matches though. I can't stand him getting on his soap box and telling club owners to do what he would never do with his own club.

I don't mind Gary Lineker saying that we upset him by winning the 1969 FA Cup final and he's never got over it. He's not slagging us off, just showing his support for Leicester.

BT sports have improved over the last few seasons but it was almost impossible not to. We've all seen Paul Scholes sat in their studio at the Etihad looking like he's in a strip club and his Dad has just arrived at his table wearing stockings and heels - if you don't want to be there, turn down the work. Ian Darke made a twat of himself that time when he listed the prices of our players one by one and you can sense McPointy and Darke would prefer our opponents to win at times whether that be Shakhtar Donetsk, Real Madrid or anyone.

Martin Tyler is a decrepit old **** who can't hide his love for the red shirts. He should've had the curtain pulled round a decade ago.

I'm so pleased I filmed this from my telly. It'll always be my go to "Exhibit A".

SKY asking City fans to pay to listen to Jamie Carragher join in with chants from the Kop after they score is quite frankly ludicrous. He's a nasty twat who hasn't got an ounce of professionalism.

I think some blues get mixed up sometimes and call out bias when there is none and it makes our fan base look paranoid and insecure.

I agree with all of that.

One point that I’m often in two minds about is whether “calling out the lies” is the right thing to do in these social media days.

It seems counter intuitive but retaliation is often what the worst hacks want. The last thing they need is to be ignored. I think City themselves have realised this whereas understandably some of us haven’t.

Im only aware of the extreme bias against City on the internet because it’s constantly pointed out on BM.

I actually find the BT bias more annoying.

It will move away from us as soon as Newcastle start winning and eventually the media will be pro City…which I don’t want either.

Unfortunately unbiased reporting is gone. Best to think of it as if they are so bothered about us things on the pitch are going well!
I agree, I also think there is a bit of psychology going off here, with the continual attacks on the club almost trying to drive a conditioned response from fans.
The more digs, snide comments etc we receive from the media the more likely it is that the fanbase will automatically see any article as either a back handed compliment or an attack on the club.
By attempting to force the fans to act in this way it drives the narrative that not only is the club all that's wrong with football but also gives them another angle of "look at how their fans react".

I agree, I also think there is a bit of psychology going off here, with the continual attacks on the club almost trying to drive a conditioned response from fans.
The more digs, snide comments etc we receive from the media the more likely it is that the fanbase will automatically see any article as either a back handed compliment or an attack on the club.
By attempting to force the fans to act in this way it drives the narrative that not only is the club all that's wrong with football but also gives them another angle of "look at how their fans react".

Thing is, don't react and the silence is received as acquiescence at best and agreement at worst. I'm all for those who want to dedicate their time to dealing with these professional trolls. Some will be good at it, others won't, it takes all sorts. I can't be arsed but wouldn't criticise those that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.