Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise our owners have already been targeted don't you?

Daily, weekly and monthly, much more when we win the league or a cup.

I can't see what the journalists over here have missed to target our owners.
We've had...
State run.
Oil money.
Sportswashing.
Blood on our hands.
Financial doping.
The war in Yemen.
Human rights abuse.
Ruining football.
Buying leagues.
Altering emails.
Cooking the books.
Lying about sponsorship deals.

Have I missed anything?
BINGO....!!!!!!!!

That’s probably the best of them all
I don't even know what it means. The definition online says "adapted for use as a weapon" eg a weaponized robot.

I see.

Radio 5 discussing football club ownership on the back of Chelsea. Callers saying clubs should be fan owned/majority owned and return to the Community feel of old. Burnley fan going on about’state’ owned clubs , example City and PSG and it is not competitive because of the money that is put in and the game needs cleaning up by a new regulator……
I must have missed Burnley's amazing pre 2008 teams whilst i was shouting abuse at Nicky Summerbee from a safe distance in the stands.

And if this forum proves anything it is that when you get a whole bunch of fans of the same team in the same place at the same time then good decisions and sensible attitudes prevail. We might at last sort out the away ticket allocation and pre march entertainment to everyones liking.

There he goes again, Sam Lee is a twat.

I again will defend him when he deserves to be defended but also criticise him when it's due and think my posts on here reflect that.

He does look a twat if he tweeted that in isolation BUT he didn't. It is someone else clickbaiting one para from his latest Athletic article and taken completely out of context. The article is actually a Dinho puff piece. Full article here and not behind a paywall:

It shows how misinformation can be regurgitated so many times that respected commentators who don't check facts repeat and repeat the information so that eventually the sheep treat it as fact.
The Goebbeles acacadamy of honesty old boy club

And I love that!

I’ve relayed before that when I mention I’m from Manchester, it invariably gets the instant reply “Manchester United,” at which point I fake spit on the ground!

I tell them about City and how United are not even from Manchester and are only well known because of being a top team when the Premier League was invented for satellite TV sales to the world.

When I run into someone who says they support United, I always ask them if they’re from Manchester. When they say they’re from some far flung corner of the world, I simply say “Of course, because if you were from Manchester, you’d be a City supporter! United supporters are from everywhere EXCEPT Manchester because of TV!”

;-)

Spreading the gospel, one person at a time!

I also see more and more City shirts around the world, and make a point of it to say “Hi! I’m from Manchester and a City fan, too!” That’s how I found out Gordon Brown’s kid is a City fan! I was introduced to him and his bodyguard before a flight and I told him I was from Manchester. He wanted to know Blue or Red, and when I told him, he introduced his son (Alistair, IIRC) because he was a City fan!

Conversely, if I see a United shirt/top in the gate area, I go up to them (in uniform, of course) and tell them there are no United fans allowed on this flight and they need to cover up that top before boarding because it’s offensive to me….as a City fan!!! ;-)

I stay pretty serious until the end. Of course, then I ask them where they’re from and give them the “Of course you are, because if you were from Manc…” spiel!

:-)

This made me smile.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.