Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delaney on 5 live now pushing the agenda that Chelsea issues now are a great opportunity to reset football club ownership in general.

oh how surprising….

He is right .

We need to stop any more American owners. We dont want a closed shop league.
We dont want owners who's country keeps people locked up and never charge on Guantanamo Bay, where the prisoners are touched.
A country where they carry guns freely and shot each other daily.
A country that is very racist partially in the southern bible belt.

Where their country invades other countries they dont agree with.
Where some of their owners use sponsors guilt of money laundering.
Where some owners hack into other clubs pc's.

I’m not so sure it is all that bad, the business model has allowed millions to be spent on players and support various managers and still produce millions for the owners to take out of the club,
It’s not the business model that is wrong it’s the football model that’s fcuked and it will take a lot of fixing
Given the prize money on offer, I’d disagree that the business and football models were as mutually exclusive as you suggest.

Furthermore, no commercial organisation can pontificate about its business model when the place it carries on its trade from is so outdated, dilapidated and uncomfortable for its paying customers - with no meaningful sign of a plan to resolve it, save for a few specious press releases about extending the main stand.

I think it’s fair to say that the Glazers have purposefully exploited the commercial income of the club, but there’s much more to running a successful football business than that. It’s one of a number of core factors, of which success on the pitch, forward planning, return on investment, succession planning and having good security measures in place must also feature. In each of those regards united have been conspicuously lacking in the last decade.

So no, I disagree. Their business model is poor because it palpably fails to exploit the commercial advantages that the club innately enjoys.

Recently signed up to Twitter because for some reason it stopped letting me browse whenever a story was linked on here.
It seems Mackenna will reply to you on there if you mention him wanking his dogs off!!
What fun on a Sunday morning. Think I’ll speak to Panja next.. :-)
Stands to reason; he is a well-known dog wanker.

We've been singing about it for years...there's only one City.

You're right.

Birmingham City or Norwich City fans might refer to their club as City, but wander beyond their fan base and they're simply Birmingham and Norwich.

I've done a bit of travelling in my time, and if you talk football to anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the English game and tell them you support City, there's no confusion, they know you're talking about Manchester City.

how are these media shills allowed to spew their agenda on a national radio station. :-)
Nedum was on at the same time tbf, but I didn’t hang around to listen to it all. Instead I’ve put some different BBC output on to watch our women vs spurs.

Given the prize money on offer, I’d disagree that the business and football models were as mutually exclusive as you suggest.

Furthermore, no commercial organisation can pontificate about its business model when the place it carries on its trade from is so outdated, dilapidated and uncomfortable for its paying customers - with no meaningful sign of a plan to resolve it, save for a few specious press releases about extending the main stand.

I think it’s fair to say that the Glazers have purposefully exploited the commercial income of the club, but there’s much more to running a successful football business than that. It’s one of a number of core factors, of which success on the pitch, forward planning, return on investment, succession planning and having good security measures in place must also feature. In each of those regards united have been conspicuously lacking in the last decade.

So no, I disagree. Their business model is poor because it palpably fails to exploit the commercial advantages that the club innately enjoys.

You can't disagree that the United "business model" has been better for the Glazers than Chelsea's has been, in retrospect, for Abramovich. :) Maybe that is what they meant ....

The hypocrisy of Delaney giving an opinion of how football clubs should be owned but refusing to front up about who he works for.

It is pathetic and implies he has an agenda that has nothing to do with fairness.
Completely. He’s the last person who should be given airtime.

He is right .

We need to stop any more American owners. We dont want a closed shop league.
We dont want owners who's country keeps people locked up and never charge on Guantanamo Bay, where the prisoners are touched.
A country where they carry guns freely and shot each other daily.
A country that is very racist partially in the southern bible belt.

Where their country invades other countries they dont agree with.
Where some of their owners use sponsors guilt of money laundering.
Where some owners hack into other clubs pc's.
Pure poetry that mate.

You can't disagree that the United "business model" has been better for the Glazers than Chelsea's has been, in retrospect, for Abramovich. :) Maybe that is what they meant ....
No doubt, but the fact that a national journalist fails to appreciate that, or worse, conscious ignores it, is reprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.